Tenchi Muyo Hanken cel pricing

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Tenchi Muyo Hanken cel pricing

Post by Olivier »

Hi everyone,

ok, I have this very nice framed Tenchi Muyo Hanken cel that I may have to sell, but I would first like to have an idea about its fair price. Silly question since I can't show you a picture right now... Let's say it's not too different from this one:

http://www.animaxis.com/en/shop/product ... 26044%2D00

Those at Animaxis, don't seem to sell so I guess their prices are too high.

Tenchi Muyo collectors, what do you think is the actual market price for a nice Hanken cel representing most characters of the show having fun together? I just need to know whether it's rather $500, $1,000 or $1,500.

Contact me if interested anyway, I'll send you a picture as soon as I can.
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

95% off Animaxis prices sounds reasonable. At 80% off they didnt sell well.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

RX78GP02AGUNDAM wrote:95% off Animaxis prices sounds reasonable. At 80% off they didnt sell well.
You mean that cel is only worth $180?
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

I don't know if that hanken is worth $180, but I wouldnt even pay $100 for that it. That's just me though.
4_degree
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by 4_degree »

If you're looking to sell it, I'd say definitely price it under $1,000. I bought a hanken from Animaxis last year, but only because it was marked down to $600. http://zero4.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv ... emID=94454

Anything over $1,000 seems unreasonable to me, but I'm not a real high roller when it comes to cels. If I had to guess, I'd say price it somewhere between $500 and $700. You'll probably find a buyer.
Just my $0.02.
"Can't sleep... clowns will eat me."
Celtyrant
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Celtyrant »

I think some hanken prices depend on what its from. If you don't even know what it was for, or where it was published, then its worth less than $500 to me. But if you know where its from, or even better, have a copy of the product, such as a toy packaging, CD cover, magazine, then it can be worth much more. Its worth doing the research and if its something highly visible, such as artwork used for the cover of a DVD or one of those posters, you can get a lot for it.
Its more than a gallery.
K86
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by K86 »

Hi

I think some hanken prices depend on what its from. If you don't even know what it was for, or where it was published, then its worth less than $500 to me. But if you know where its from, or even better, have a copy of the product, such as a toy packaging, CD cover, magazine, then it can be worth much more. Its worth doing the research and if its something highly visible, such as artwork used for the cover of a DVD or one of those posters, you can get a lot for it.
I agree, if you (and other people) can’t tell where the Hanken Cel was used then its worth much less than the ones people recognise like CD covers, DVD cases or well known posters but most of the ones on Animaxis I don’t recognise and I think they are pretty expensive considering that I don’t even know where half of them were used
Celtyrant
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Celtyrant »

A lot of those were used in magazines. A couple of them were the posters that came with the old clam-style video boxes.
Its more than a gallery.
Japoro
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Japoro »

Hanken cels are kind of a funny item. Some people love them for being unique and detailed, and then there are some people who don't care for them at all. In determining a price, it will probably all really depend on the pose people are in and the characters that are in the cel. If there is a nice image of Achika, Tsunami or Ryoko, I think your chances are better at getting more $$$. But its really kind of hard to say for sure without seeing the actual image. A ball park figure in my mind would be from $600 to $1000, but that could swing either direction pretty easy depending on a lot of things.