Looking for backgrounds/advice.

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Arrow
Anime Geek

Looking for backgrounds/advice.

Post by Arrow »

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good place to get backgrounds? I'm mainly looking for the sunset/night sky/sky/generic trees/transformation sparkles type, not anything too detailed. I have picked through a few background sites like Celga and Anime Museum, but they seem to be quite old and are no longer being updated (or only rarely) so most of the good stuff is gone. I am also curious to know what search terms I should use to look up backgrounds on YJ? Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

P.S. Also looking for good Chacha cels, always, should anyone be able to point me in a useful direction. :P
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

Rinkya.com is probably your best bet for YJ. Just search for 'cel backgrounds' should get you quite a few. You could probably find 'Chacha' cels there too. Hope that helps.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I second that. The best search engine for Yahoo Japan auctions is Rinkya's. Head to Rinkya.com and type in whatever you're looking for, and if the anime you're looking for is not one of the ones featured, you can always enter "cels" and then browse through them all.

You can always find backgrounds on E-bay, but I find that the best selection and prices are generally found on YJ. There's one prolific background seller, sya50, who generally puts up a batch of backgrounds every week or so. Just a word of caution, though, "generic" backgrounds, especially those featuring a full moon, tend to be pretty pricey, but, sometimes you can get lucky and snag something for a reasonable price.

If money is of concern, you can always try the shared background gallery at Rubberslug.com. At last check, there's a good 27 pages of high res backgrounds there, some of which might be what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Drat! Another rival for backgrounds! :D
Arrow
Anime Geek

Post by Arrow »

Kaije wrote:Rinkya.com is probably your best bet for YJ. Just search for 'cel backgrounds' should get you quite a few. You could probably find 'Chacha' cels there too. Hope that helps.
Ah, excellent, I found a few bgs that are almost exactly what I am looking for. :) Thank you muchly!

I usually do go to YJ for cels, actually, I just had no idea what 'cel backgrounds' was in Japanese so I have sadly left it untapped when it comes to backgrounds. xD Rinkya has solved my problems, however!

Thanks again!
cutiebunny wrote:I second that. The best search engine for Yahoo Japan auctions is Rinkya's. Head to Rinkya.com and type in whatever you're looking for, and if the anime you're looking for is not one of the ones featured, you can always enter "cels" and then browse through them all.

You can always find backgrounds on E-bay, but I find that the best selection and prices are generally found on YJ. There's one prolific background seller, sya50, who generally puts up a batch of backgrounds every week or so. Just a word of caution, though, "generic" backgrounds, especially those featuring a full moon, tend to be pretty pricey, but, sometimes you can get lucky and snag something for a reasonable price.

If money is of concern, you can always try the shared background gallery at Rubberslug.com. At last check, there's a good 27 pages of high res backgrounds there, some of which might be what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Drat! Another rival for backgrounds! :D
I just found this sya50 person, and I have to say I love some of the backgrounds that I have seen from them so far! Basically I just want to do my cels justice and find some proper bgs for them. Don't worry, I'm really no competition, I'm sure after I get ten or so ones that match what I have, that will do me for another two years. :P

Thanks for all your help!
Last edited by Arrow on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrow
Anime Geek

Post by Arrow »

Sorry, double posted accidentally, won't happen again. >.<