Sword Art Online

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Agent_of_Solaris
Anime Geek

Sword Art Online

Post by Agent_of_Solaris »

Would love to know if anyone has/has seen anything from Sword Art Online...
"Do today what others won't, to have tomorrow what others can't."
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

It's the only anime that've been following for a long time. The last episode actually got me teary, which is rare. xD I really miss there not being a true NEW version of .hack, so I'm happy we've got something similar. I like the idea that the characters could actually DIE in this show rather than simply fall into a coma.....but you never know if that might change at some point once we get a more global view of what's going on. As far as the people within the system know, they die when they reach 0HP but ya never know. It wouldn't surprise me if the writers make it less life&death in the end. I would be disappointed though. lol
I really like Kirito & Asuna together. I thought it was kinda sappy what happened a couple weeks ago when they got married, but eeeh. I'm not too bothered by it. I want to see Kirito with more of his awesome sword skills like the last time when he broke out his Beta Tester skill that he shouldn't have. heh
And this show has really gotten me to want to go cosplay as one of these characters. Who's with me on that?! I just want Kirito's swords. xD
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I am loving this series. I would also like to see artwork pop up. The only thing I've seen is settei on Mandy. :roll:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I agree. Sword Art Online and the companion series Accel World both written by Reki Kawahara are well worth watching. I've not seen any artwork for sale on any site yet as well. Interesting, Accel World is supposed to be set in the same world but many years after Sword Art. To get more background on the anime, I would recommend reading the light novel or light novel translations on Baka-Tsuki since about 9 of the volumes are currently translated. I think it would be very cool to cosplay from this anime. Perhaps for AX next year...
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Who's seen the latest eps, #14? What an amazing episode
although I majorly sobbed at the end. Let's hope we find out that either those who "died" in the game didn't actually die in real life or... they find a way to bring them all back...! I loved Kirito & Asuna together. This was really a beautifully written episode. I really thought this eps was going to be the end...and they they said "Next time..." Oh my!!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

They said they all lived. The creator said 4000 are alive, brain dead. The other 6000 were logged out of the game. Guess the next episode titled "Return" will reunite them.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

I was just introduced to this last night and am just starting looking into it now.... I love the art I've seen so far, so sketches available for sale would be awesome! ^_^
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yeah, so apparently the 6,147 people who were still alive by the time Kirito cleared the game were able to log out. The others who "died" in game will never regain consciousness. So is there a distinction between being in a coma and brain dead? They all could simply be in comas...and when Kirito gets back in the game, maybe that will become his next mission, to revive all those who "died".
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I just stated on this as well. really enjoyed it so far, IMHO this is much more engaging than accel world, not only is it a game of death and hope, but also without the sarcastically overly apologetic main casts, so far.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Does anyone know about Accel World? Apparently the two are connected somehow, but I've never seen it, so I don't know how. haha I thought I read that AW comes after SAO? Maybe I shouldn't watch AW until after SAO...??
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

I think they are a little more than brain dead. In the light novel, the Nerve Gear unit essentially microwaves their brain when they die in the game. Big difference between mostly dead and all dead. The next several episodes deal with the development of Alfheim Online and the search for Asuna after the conclusion of the Aincrad arc.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

There are novels? Hmm! Will have to find them at Book Off! <3
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I'm only 5eps into sword art so not sure how its connected with the AW. but yeah the only major criticism I have about this fine anime otherwise(AW) is that sometimes I find myself having to bent and twist my mind into a 12 year old state to accept the few main characters exaggerated apologetic behaviors, before walking into the room corner and start drawing circles on the floor :P
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I'm only 5eps into sword art so not sure how its connected with the AW. but yeah the only major criticism I have about this fine anime otherwise(AW) is that sometimes I find myself having to bent and twist my mind into a 12 year old state to accept the few main characters exaggerated apologetic behaviors, before walking into the room corner and start drawing circles on the floor :P
Very true. I would love to see a more adult version of this, higher stakes and less squealing cutesie stuff. But typically that's my main beef with anime; I tend to forget who the intended audience is... xP
teppy
Anime Geek

Post by teppy »

I, too, would like to see Sword Art Online production art hit the market. This raises an interesting question: with newer CG shows, is there an average amount of time that elapses before production art from the completed season (or completed show?) starts popping up? I'm only familiar with collecting cels from long dead shows, so I'd be interested to know what people's experiences are collecting production art from contemporary series.
Looking for: Excellent cels of Misa Hayase from Macross.