translation request

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

translation request

Post by ginga123 »

hello,

i have a small request. :) would anyone be willing to translate this scroll i received at Anime Blues Con? the person who gave it to me, all they said was that i was luckiest person at the convention

thank you in advance!

Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: translation request

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

the bold kanji in the middle pretty much means "you shall achieve anything your heart desires". on the right of the photo from top to bottom is "follow your desire, follow your thoughts, success shall follow." on the left the more gibberish looking kanjis I think states the name of the poem as well as the time it was originally written, I don't know for sure but theres not much meaning to that part.
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

Thankyou! Wow this scroll is pretty special
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

ginga123 wrote:Wow this scroll is pretty special
yup, just like the slip inside fortune cookie :P they say a fine polished bamboo scroll is a thousand times as effective and accurate as those slips...jk lol but yeah its pretty cool, although think about itvalue wise one made in japan is more likely to have much more effect :D