Slight Confusion

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Slight Confusion

Post by Ichigos »

http://shoppingmalljapan.com/cgi-bin/de ... m122062241

I'm a little confused. Are these photocopies or gengas/dougas?

And in the translation to English I get that there are 78 of these in the auction. Is this correct? Thanks in advance!
Image Image
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Slight Confusion

Post by jcaliff »

I know it's a little late to reply, but I think this is a copy douga compilation booklet - 78 copies stapled together with a title sheet. If you look close, there's a silver Toei merchandise sticker on the bottom right of front cover right above the copyright, price, and "movic" information line, which makes me think that this is an official release of some sort that might have been sold at a store like Animate. It's similar in spirit to one of the settings collections that the companies sometimes release.
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Slight Confusion

Post by Ichigos »

jcaliff wrote:I know it's a little late to reply, but I think this is a copy douga compilation booklet - 78 copies stapled together with a title sheet. If you look close, there's a silver Toei merchandise sticker on the bottom right of front cover right above the copyright, price, and "movic" information line, which makes me think that this is an official release of some sort that might have been sold at a store like Animate. It's similar in spirit to one of the settings collections that the companies sometimes release.
The auction was already over before I made this post so no worries! And rats! I thought it was something like that because of the first page. A little disappointing because I still hoped that they'd be actual dougas. Ah well. Crossing my fingers that Alien Alan is in the mix because I won the auction. >_< It'll still be a cool piece to have I suppose. c:
Image Image