Looking for various Gundam art

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Norkia

Looking for various Gundam art

Post by Norkia »

After over half a year of hiatus from collecting, I'm back in the production art fray and continuing my search for Gundam art! It's a long list, but I'm hoping that at least one of these is out there, if not more.

Specifics I'm looking for:
Gundam 00 - Graham Aker and any of his mobile suits (the various Flags, Sakigake Ahead, Masurao, Susanowo, Brave), Billy Katagiri, or any of the Over Flag pilots. These are my top priority and most desired art so any leads would be very appreciated!
SEED - BuCUEs, LaGOWE, or Tori/Birdy
Universal Century - Various Goufs (Original, Custom, Flight Type)
AGE - Asemu Asuno (2nd or 3rd Arcs), Woolf Enneacle (1st or 2nd Arcs), G-Exes, G-Bouncer
Build Fighters - Anything, really!
Gundam Wing - My ultimate pipe dream: Gundam Sandrock covered in flamingoes in episode 2

Any assistance will be graciously appreciated!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Looking for various Gundam art

Post by zerospace »

Most of that list is really hard to find ... 00 and Seed are easier to get than say... AGE. There's more Seed artwork out there than 00, though. Watch Mandarake for artwork from AGE -- I've seen a few lots hit their auction site this year, but you're going to find you have to buy a lot more than just what you're looking for to get what you want. The CG shows come in batches of random stuff >_<. As for Wing, well... that's the #1 series I still collect -- and it's getting hard to get anything good from it. Sandrock isn't a super popular mech, so you might get lucky there one day.

My best advice to you is: watch the auction sites (YJ, Mandarake, mostly) and keep an eye out for collectors who are selling (but they are few & far between now). Try to beat the re-sellers on eBay to the stuff, because there's a few active resellers who buy up whatever hits YJ cheap enough and then jack the prices when they list on eBay (*cough*urbantreasurehunterjapan*cough*).
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

^ ditto what zerospace said.

Everything worthwhile from Seed to Build Fighters is all on YJ or Mandarake. Some nice settei and color model sheets have passed through Mandarake in the last year.

Be careful when looking for Universal Century Goufs. 08th MS Team Gouf cels are pretty legit from the ones I've seen, but the 0079 ones maybe movie versions or repros and not original series cels. There is a 08th MS Team Gouf Custom cel on YJ right now to get you started (it normally relists) http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d147791755

As for your dream Sandrock, I haven't seen alot of early (episodes 1-3) Sandrock cels, but Sandrock is probably the most common Gundam suit from Wing that pops up on YJ or eBay. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

And yea, don't hesitate if you see something you want on YJ cause if it's Gundam and cheap around the 1000Y-3000Y range, the resellers *coughcough*urbantreasurehunterjapan*coughcough* will scoop and sell them on eBay and price them like Walt Disney painted them himself.

Good luck and good hunting! :bounce
Norkia

Post by Norkia »

Thanks for the advice and direction! I have a smallish collection of art, but in between still being a fledgling art collector and just now exiting a hiatus from all of my collecting hobbies, I lacked knowledge of the current market and what to expect in my search. I won't be gutted if I don't find the more rare and specific stuff, but the possibility adds to the thrill of the hunt. :D My scope may broaden anyhow; these are just some of my priorities (a few of which I'm a collector of merchandise for) and I generally like a lot of characters and MS, so curating pieces of an animation metaseries that I've been into for a long time is a great feeling in itself!