Contacting Sellers On YJ

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Contacting Sellers On YJ

Post by Ichigos »

Would it be impractical of me to ask a seller if they have any artwork for sale from a specific/certain anime?
Image Image
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Contacting Sellers On YJ

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hmmm, yeah, generally it's not a frequent practice. I think some sellers would be put off by it, but that's just my view regarding Japanese sellers. Everyone is different, so you never know.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Contacting Sellers On YJ

Post by cutiebunny »

If you try to ask a deputy service to ask the seller a question, they will usually decline as it could possibly jeopardize them being able to bid on that seller's other items in the future.

My thought has always been that it's like most stores with the "whatever we have is out on the floor" mentality. I think some sellers will try to locate more items for certain series if other auctions sell for their minimum asking price, repeatedly. I think that's how I ended up with so many Kobato backgrounds; I would bid on whatever was for sale week after week, even if they weren't from episodes I was so keen on.