Death Note

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
berzey81
Otaku - Fanatic

Death Note

Post by berzey81 »

I was wondering If anyone knows if it is possible to purchase Death Note genga and if so where. I have been searching for a while now with no success.
Goldknight
RULER

Re: Death Note

Post by Goldknight »

They occasionally pop up on YJ and Mandarake. Some dealers have had them in the past, but they do insanely fast. Midori does have Hankens for sale too.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

berzey81
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by berzey81 »

Thanks for the reply. I saw the ones on Midori's site but I was really hoping for some production genga.Hiromi Kato is going to be at Sakura con this year ( he was the animation director and key animator of death note) and I was hoping to get some artwork signed by him.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Kato has worked on several other series, including Tenshi ni Narumon. If you just want to buy something from an anime he worked on just have him sign it, TNN is probably the best way to go as cels/sketches are plentiful and cheaper. Artwork from Madhouse has been more difficult to find since Disney bought a stake in the company. Artwork from their newer series is very, very hard to find, and when you do, it's usually just backgrounds and copy layouts.