Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Aeon Flux

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
MollyTornado

Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Aeon Flux

Post by MollyTornado »

I am new to Anime-Beta and to the world of cel collecting. I would like to some day own cels from:

(in order of priority)
- Cowboy Bebop
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex or the 1995 movie
- Perfect Blue
- Aeon Flux

I am a bit daunted by this endeavour since I have never bought a cel before and it seems like there are a few things you need to look out for when buying them. However, I am keen to own a part of a show/movie that I love. :)
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, Aeon Flu

Post by Jadeduo »

Welcome Molly!

:vict

Best of luck on your search...

This is a good start, but definitely keep an eye out on the auction sites, and offer periods. I have acquired a good bit in the last couple of years from Private Collectors!

Jadeduo!
:jump
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Welcome, MollyT!

Keep in mind that Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. is CG and therefore only has sketches. They are EXTREMELY hard to come by.
Cels from the movie can be had pretty easily if you're willing to pony up the cash. ~_^ Yahoo Japan has been full of nice cels and backgrounds from the movie as of late.

Just remember to pace yourself and best of luck in your cel hunting!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome to Beta, MT! :vict

You may also want to try your local convention scene, like SmashCon...or maybe even venture further abroad to NZ for Overload. These are a great way to meet new collector friends as well as many of the people behind your favorite series. Some conventions have people who sell cels as well, so you may find something you like there.
ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by ToriPagac »

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... l&_sacat=0 all the aeon on ebay is mostly cheap
x
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by x »

Hi MollyTornado,
Good to see another Aussie collector on board.

Aeon Flux cels are pretty easy to get on Ebay as Toripagac has already indicated.
The other series are harder to find and more expensive but are still out there if you are willing to spend the time and money to get them.

Definitely keep an eye out here for sale announcements or offer periods from other collectors as that is probably one of the best ways to find stuff that you are after.

Good luck with your search!