WTB: Bebop and Evangelion

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Skulldrey

WTB: Bebop and Evangelion

Post by Skulldrey »

First-time collector! Looking to get one cel from Bebop and one cel from Eva. I do not have a massive wad of cash to blow, so please keep this on the affordable end. Just looking for good framing featuring Spike from Bebop or Unit 01 from Eva. Doesn't need to be a massive moment from the show or anything like that.

Thanks!
Skulldrey

Re: WTB: Bebop and Evangelion

Post by Skulldrey »

Bump: still looking for an Evangelion cel.

Thank you!
grEenLeaFx
Kamisama - God

Post by grEenLeaFx »

Animelink posted new Evangelion cels for sale recently. Mandrake consistently has auctions up with Eva and Bebop cels. I will tell you this they are both one of the more expensive series to collect outside of Ghibli/Disney. Evangelion has ALWAYS been notoriously expensive because the studio deliberately withheld them from the public back in the day. Good news is I routinely see them now and they are not as expensive as they used to be. Cowboy Bebop seems to get more expensive as the years go by. I know when I sold all my Bebop production art I didn't really want to, but they go for so much that I was compelled to for the money. Sort of like how the last few years has been a great time to sell Dragonball pieces with the release of Super. I have also been reading the Chinese market has exploded and driving prices up even further.
Skulldrey

Post by Skulldrey »

grEenLeaFx wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm Animelink posted new Evangelion cels for sale recently. Mandrake consistently has auctions up with Eva and Bebop cels. I will tell you this they are both one of the more expensive series to collect outside of Ghibli/Disney. Evangelion has ALWAYS been notoriously expensive because the studio deliberately withheld them from the public back in the day. Good news is I routinely see them now and they are not as expensive as they used to be. Cowboy Bebop seems to get more expensive as the years go by. I know when I sold all my Bebop production art I didn't really want to, but they go for so much that I was compelled to for the money. Sort of like how the last few years has been a great time to sell Dragonball pieces with the release of Super. I have also been reading the Chinese market has exploded and driving prices up even further.
Holy god. That Anime-Link site is CANCER. Every cel I see sold recently ends up there for $300~ more. I REALLY wanted a couple of those and was saving up for them, but I don't know if I can justify being so outwardly gouged like that. Still, appreciate the resource. They have some really good material available.