Good places to find "miscellaneous" or "unknown" cels?

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Good places to find "miscellaneous" or "unknown" cels?

Post by noildoof »

Almost everything I'm looking for is from really obscure stuff from the 80's, sometimes so obscure it doesn't even get an entry on ANN's encyclopedia. I've had some luck finding what I'm looking for by searching through "unknown" or "miscellaneous" sections on Yahoo Auctions, ebay, and various cel sites.

Are there any sites with a nice selection of "unknown" or "miscellaneous" cels worth checking out? Anime Gambit used to have a really nice, big section for them but sadly the owner died and the site is no more...
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Good places to find "miscellaneous" or "unknown" cels?

Post by sensei »

Takamura Store https://www.takamura-store.com/v3/en/ is a good hunting ground. They have a large range of "nostalgic" series (i.e., from the 1980s) and among the slots are three "Miscellaneous" categories: Miscellaneous Nostalgic, Miscellaneous Known, and Miscellaneous Unknown. I'd say something they sell as "unknown" must be obscure indeed, given their emphasis on series of the 80s.