The Quest for My Holy Grail

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
PhantomWolf

The Quest for My Holy Grail

Post by PhantomWolf »

Hello! I'm currently searching for the storyboard of Naruto episode 28 (pre Shippuden), the Holy Grail for my budding collection. I prefer a scan but a physical copy will also suffice!

i'm also looking for physical copies of the Japanese AR scripts for the second Naruto movie namely the parts that cover the last third of the movie (i already own parts A through D)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: The Quest for My Holy Grail

Post by sensei »

Wishing you good luck in your quest. I assume you're watching for a good photocopied storyboard; I have a couple of holograph examples from a powerfully obscure (but campy) series, just to have one for reference purposes. Also a studio-used photocopied storyboard from one episode of Snow White with the Red Hair, a series that interested me for its inventive use of Western folklore. That has one section annotated in fine red marker pen, I believe by the key animator who was assigned a series of cuts in the first minutes of the episode. Given the popularity of Naruto you might keep a close eye on Mandarake, which I know does pick up and sell storyboards from a wide range of animes. It may take time, but I find it's good to have a "grail" item as the quest for one (as King Arthur's knights found) always leads you into interesting places.
PhantomWolf

Post by PhantomWolf »

sensei wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:29 am I assume you're watching for a good photocopied storyboard;
I meant a digital scan

by the way, are there any Discord servers that could help me in my quest?
sensei

Post by sensei »

PhantomWolf wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 pm
sensei wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:29 am I assume you're watching for a good photocopied storyboard;
I meant a digital scan
I understand that this your first preference, but you also mentioned "physical copy." A lot of us anime art collectors are still in love with the actual physical copy of something (even if the physical paper thing is a photocopy) rather than engaging with the rapidly growing NFT end of the collecting spectrum. No disrespect: collecting is collecting and grails are still grails. But if you wanted to go physical and then scan, Mandarake is a place to stake out.
PhantomWolf

Post by PhantomWolf »

sensei wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:36 pm A lot of us anime art collectors are still in love with the actual physical copy of something (even if the physical paper thing is a photocopy) rather than engaging with the rapidly growing NFT end of the collecting spectrum.
right, right

i keep forgetting that NFTs are a thing now :/