Scanning sketches

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I can be picky, but this anteater perfectly bridges the gap between realistic and cute. And that is why "Anteaters rule!" Too bad it isn't real.-
But where would you get enough ants to feed an anteater!

Really Keropi the black background works magic and the curves I think is the same as Levels in photoshop!
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

in photoshopCS (at least) you can find curves in Image > Adjust > Curves (in CS its the 5th one down from the top).

I find curves much easy to use for colour corrections than anything else. Its mostly a matter of findg a spot you -know- is supose to be white (or black) then shift clicking with your tool as the eye drop, and putting a place on it. In the corner of the screen there will be a box with numbers for RGB... and adjustsing the colour channels (not RGB as a whole, but Red, Green, Blue individually. Its usually just one channel that's off. My scanner tends to give things a red/pinkish cast to everything, so I usually have to adjust the red out.

White RGB is all all numbers being 255. Black RGB is all colours being 0. Anything in between all those like 155 << will give you shades of gray. I'll work on some screenshots now to try and show what i mean... ( i know sometimes my speaking only makes sense to myself. >_>)

i think my screenshot may make less sense... but meh, since i said i'd post... <_<

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/ ... sshelp.jpg
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Thanks for answering for me :D
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

Keropi wrote:For some reason I'm finding that if I adjust the gamma upwards my sketch scan ends up more washed out and harder to see the lines. What are you doing besides turning the gamma up redwolf?
*coughs* actually, I adjust it down. :D Sorry for not making that clear.
HotIce wrote:i think my screenshot may make less sense... but meh, since i said i'd post... <_<

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/ ... sshelp.jpg
Makes sense to me, thanks!
RoboFlonne wrote:But where would you get enough ants to feed an anteater!
Fortunately, none of my toys have to eat (or I would be bankrupt and living on the streets by now).