Share ideas about how to display genga, correction, douga...

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Share ideas about how to display genga, correction, douga...

Post by Jadeduo »

Hey everyone!

I just bought a scanner, my last scanner died over two years ago right before I took a break, and now I am trying to scan through my whole collection again with newer higher quality scans.

I am now scanning through two Douga sets I picked up a few years ago from CCS. I think they are really interesting, but I don't want to bore anyone too much, by posting several dougas of leaves, ties, half a head and etc on rubberslug.

I thought about merging the douga layers together so that the leaves, and corresponding layers would match. Then posting the merged image, the only problem with this is that once in a while the image comes out kind of grainy and yucky.

I also thought about creating a GIF of the images to see the movement of sequential layers, but I don't have a GIF creator... The plus side to this is that it would only be one or two entries on to rubberslug...

I also thought of displaying the original genga and correction together with the screenshot, and just linking it from my domain. This can cause problems if the image does not load though. I'm also not even sure if my domain will allow direct linking, I'm actually going to look into that now...

Anywho I would love to hear any suggestions or comments anyone might have.

Thanks
Jade
:jump
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

My 2 cents:

1 - Animate anything with atleast 5 frames/images (just a personal preference)

2 - There is a free animated gif program called Unfreeze. I used it to make my animated gifs on this page
http://beatrush.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... esID=34045

3 - To merge layers together, use the "multiply feature" in photoshop for the top layer (I will have to double check this when I get home). This will allow you to combine two sets of art pieces into one frame. I did that for this animated sequence
http://beatrush.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... mID=246071

4 - Get a photobucket account or an online photo storage account that allows direct linking, I use photobucket to host my animated gifs. better to waste their bandwidth than your own.

If you need any help with this, drop me a PM, good luck.