How big(pixels) do you make your rubberslug images?

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

If I were you, RF, I'd make a few dummy pics and play around to see what you like best.

I used to follow RS's guidelines, and my pics still automatically scale at 400 pixels, so some of mine don't match. I should probably check to see what it looks like with the auto-scale switched off.

However, lately I've been trying to make the largest side 600 pixels for normal-sized cels, and 750 for oversized cels. All of my thumbnails are exactly 150x120. I crop the ones that don't fit those dimensions, so that I can use my border on them.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

klet wrote:If I were you, RF, I'd make a few dummy pics and play around to see what you like best.

I'm having oodles of fun doing that right now!

but... I found out that if I turn the scale image thing off... People can right click download... Image
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

yeah people can right click to download, but if someone is adamant enough about stealing one of your images all they have to do is a print screen and crop it in a photo editor.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

I follow the recommended file sizes.

150 pixels wide for thumbnails
360 pixels wide for all standard sized (and vertical pans)
530 pixels wide for all oversized items

On the pages where you up load banners it also says what size it recommends.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Keropi wrote:About 20-22 percent of my visitors still use 800 X 600 resolution.
Wow, that is a sizable amount of people! That kind of resolution was the norm back in the mid-90's. Now that the standard monitor size and capability of graphics cards has vastly improved, I would have assumed the staple favourite is between 1024 x 768 and 1200 x 800 (I'm happy using 1152 x 864).

As for my RS images, I use a strict dimensions of 700 x 565 for a standard cel and 800 pixels wide for an oversized item. Deviating from these is often necessary for an odd-shaped piece; the depth of an image doesn't bother me too much as long as it's a round, even number.

Thumbs are being reworked to 120 x 90 pixels, enlarged from 100 x 70 which visitors commented was too small.