Home Inventory

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Home Inventory

Post by majinuub »

This is just the program I need to categorize my cel/sketch collection and wishlist. So far I see no negatives except I haven't found a way to input my buys as japan yen(it's minor anyway due to the shifting exchange rate over the years). But I love the organization options this program gives me and how I can see my total spent on everything(by category or all together). Though, I'm kinda scared to see my total spent when I complete it now as I've only uploaded roughly 10% of my collection to it and it's already past 2k :-P .

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/dandanall/hi1.png

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/dandanall/hi2.png

Anyway, are there any other programs similar to this?
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Home Inventory

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Is the program called "Home Inventory"?
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

Yea it's an app for the mac. Cost $15, but from what I can tell, it's worth it.
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

OMG! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!! Thank you so much Majinuub! :bow

You have no idea how much time I've been spending cataloging my cel collection over the past two years! I think I would pay $50 for this program.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

You guys are funny ... that's just a fancified database program -- you get this kind of ability if you own the right copy of MS Office. My PHP gallery software also does exactly this if I put how much I paid for my artwork into it when I update my gallery. It will total everything up on request and lets me view it in a printable format, too (only viewable to the gallery administrator, of course). It can break down by section or whatever you like, almost ;). I love looking at how much money I've spent on Gundam Wing cels. It's so insane it almost makes me cry.

If you own MS Office with a program called MS Access, you don't need to pay $50 for something like this -- you can easily create your own database to track anything like that, too. Programs like this have been around for ages!
kizu

Post by kizu »

Well for those who doesn't have MS Office or a MAC but just like the idea of a home inventory that is highly customized. Might I suggest data crow? I have no affiliation with this website/owner however I have used the program for a few years and they actually have been updating the program. http://datacrow.net/ :)
majinuub

Post by majinuub »

I wanted an offline program that provided some way to sort through my collections(not just artwork). Sure I paid for it but I mainly posted to see if there are similar programs to this, that's all...