What filetype do you save your scans as?

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
HigurashiArchives
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: What filetype do you save your scans as?

Post by HigurashiArchives »

zerospace wrote:
HigurashiArchives wrote:
ginga123 wrote:jpeg.

i know for a fact that one of my scans is hot-linked on some web site somewhere out in moonie land. it's got a whopping 2k hits and counting. wish i could do something about that particular item. same problem for what was the least popular section of what is on display. i've tried everything from water-marking to "do not right click" codes.
Ah that stinks I'm sorry to hear that. Hotlinking is fairly easy to defeat if you have access to the server though, you can also figure out who is linking to your stuff by viewing the server logs. I don't know what your level of access to your server is though but if your interested let me know I'll help you out. :wink:
Except she isn't talking about real "hotlinking" (unless you call posting a link to a web page 'hotlinking', which is NOT CORRECT!), and she's talking about a Rubberslug site -- no server access, and where Jason has disabled embedded code execution (a smart move on his part -- cross site scripting attacks aren't good).

All it takes to stop a 'real' hotlinker is the right htaccess file -- no logs required.

EDIT: Wiki page on hotlinking (or inline linking): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking
Correct, STOPPING someone from hotlinking just requires the proper htaccess file. Figuring out who is hotlinking requires the log files which is what I said :wink: .