Cel Storage Options, Questions...

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Cel Storage Options, Questions...

Post by Golden Boy »

graymouser wrote:
animeobsessed wrote:Question about this thread on cel storage...do sheets come with the binder? Are they okay or do you replace them like GB does?
The binders come with 10 plastic sheets with thick black paper inserts. The paper for the Itoya binders is thicker than the paper for the Itoya folios but a little thinner than file folder paper. Goldenboy said that 20 of the black mounting boards are about 3/4 of an inch. For comparison, 20 of the black binder papers are about 1/4 of an inch.
I can't seem to find any of the sheets that came with the binders, but if I remember correctly they were not as clear as the fixed sheets that come with the original Itoya folios.

gb
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Golden Boy wrote:
I can't seem to find any of the sheets that came with the binders, but if I remember correctly they were not as clear as the fixed sheets that come with the original Itoya folios.

gb
I have the sheets for both since I still use folios for the larger sized items. Even so, it is hard for me to tell which is better. The binder sheets seem clearer to me, but they are also about 5+ years newer than the folio sheets. I do not have any new ones of each to make a fair comparison. So I guess I am no help in this regard.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

All the information given is very helpful....thanks.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Sorry for jumping into this thread, but I have a question.

How do you guys store your oversize cels? Do you buy a large Itoya profolio (too expensive!)? If so, what size? Do you hang them in your closet or do you lay them flat under your bed?