Help - Bent Cel!

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Help - Bent Cel!

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

GRR! :kaioken

I took my cels out to give them a good airing and wouldn't you know it, the very last cel I pull out has a bend in it. It's not a sharp crease; it looks like it just flopped over and got wedged in the storage box. The paint has not cracked either, so I'm hoping I can flatten it out somewhat. What to do???
teppy
Anime Geek

Re: Help - Bent Cel!

Post by teppy »

I really have no idea how to advise you. I wanted to post to sympathize :( However, I wonder if it's better that you don't do anything further to the cel, so as not to increase the damage. If it is valuable or important for you, perhaps you can have it worked on by a professional restorer?
Looking for: Excellent cels of Misa Hayase from Macross.
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I am so sorry to hear that. I have occasionally received cels with bends (either from before the sale or from the way it was packaged/shipped). Unfortunately, there is no way that I have heard of to correct the problem once it is there. Hopefully it is not in a vital or important part of the image.
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

A crease is not fixable. If it's just curved then you can lay it between heavy books for a while and it should fix the problem, eventually.
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

Thanks for sympathizing with me...I decided to sandwich it between a couple of heavy record box sets and see if it helps somewhat. I know that I won't be able to fully flatten it out, but if I can minimize the crease then I will be fine with it.