Bleeding Trace Lines

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
noildoof
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Bleeding Trace Lines

Post by noildoof »

Hello all,

I have a hanken cel from Alien from the Darkness that I bought about a month ago. It's a nice cel that I didn't pay a lot for, but when I received it I noticed the trace lines were bleeding a little in places and it looked like some paper particles had gotten stuck to sections of the lines. What caused this, and is it indicative of a bigger problem? When I took the cel out of the bag for scanning, I thankfully didn't notice any smells or any other problems, which leads me to wonder if a piece of paper had gotten stuck to the front sometime in the past.

Here's a picture. It's an old scan I did before I rescanned it out of the bag, so I need to update the picture sometime. ^_^; I also plan on replacing the bag as soon as I receive some larger cel bags.

http://migrator.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... mID=367305

As a side note, this is the only Alien from the Darkness cel I've seen. Anyone know where I can find more?