larger sized cel bags

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

larger sized cel bags

Post by kira »

does any one know what size of cel bags to get for medium sized pan cels?

I always end up with cel bags that are to big and hate having to fold them to make it look like it fits right for the cel.
Matt
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: larger sized cel bags

Post by Matt »

Hi,

I have never had a pan cel that was the same size as another pan cel..lol kinda of weird now that I think about it. In the past I just measure the cel and find a good quality bag that will fit. If I couldn't find the right size I would use several cel bags and Frankenstein one big cel bag from them.

I get all my Polypropylene bags from Heiko (http://www.heikoinc.com/clpobagseseo.html) The quality and selection of sizes is really very good. I have been using them for over 10 years.

If you want Polyester bags (Mylar) I go with Bags Unlimited (http://www.bagsunlimited.com) They don't have as much of a selection that is "Stock" but they can custom make any size for you. Only downer is for a custom order you need to order 300 to 500 pieces depending on your rep.

Not sure if this was any help or not....hope it was :)

-Matt
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: larger sized cel bags

Post by sensei »

I've found that the "Large Life Magazine" size sold by Bags Unlimited is just the right size to hold a standard-sized cel (wide side in with a big fold) and also holds production backgrounds (narrow side in with a little fold). They handle most pan cels, though if you want a snug fit, you do have to crease down the side. As I normally put a stiffening board made of cardstock in with pan cels, it's not a big deal to fold the bag and then tape it to the cardstock on the back.

They are 10-7/8 x 14-1/4" in dimensions, and as it's a stock size it's relatively inexpensive to get in bulk. I've often slit two of them and basted them together to make a bag for an awkwardly large sized bg, sketch, or cel.