Storing Settei

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Storing Settei

Post by GoalieZero »

Hey everybody!

Got my 1st settei collection coming in this weekend (thanks glorff!) and was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on storing them?
My 11x14 Itoya's are a bit big on size and low on pages for 50+ sheets of settei, so any alternative ideas would be just dandy : )

Thanks in advance!
-G0
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: Storing Settei

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi,

I myself have never collected Settei, but I have been thinking of moving my sketches out of Itoya folders into Microchamber paper boxes... Just a thought!

Thanks,
Jadeduo

:jump

http://www.conservationresources.com/Ma ... ion2_2.htm
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Storing Settei

Post by sensei »

I'd say scan them for your viewing pleasure and then bag them and store them in an archival box. The acid-free or buffered kind should be fine. Photo stores and online services stock them in convenient sizes. Depending on the paper the settei are on, it might be a good idea to slip in some sheets of microchamber paper. I use more for colored paper (allegedly less stable than white) and one per every 5-10 pages for stable-looking white paper.

Paper materials can (and probably should) be bagged tightly, as paper generates fewer contaminants when stored in the dark at a controlled temp. I do make a tiny slit in a corner, just so the bags don't capture air, which makes them balloon up when you try to stack them.