help on genga description

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

help on genga description

Post by kizu »

i wasnt quite sure where to put this but i bought some thing with this descrption 秘原画集.
i was wondering if anyone knew what this meant in relation to gengas?
thank you in advance. glad to see the site back though ive mostly been a lurker lately. :D
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: help on genga description

Post by JWR »

The translator site I use translates it to "use only original illustrations"
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

In plain kanji it would be something like never-before-seen/unraveled genga assortment/collection...but I'm no kanji expert so don't quote me.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I believe sometimes the 秘 kanji can be used to censor things or could have some relation to adult material? Otherwise, it basically means "secret" or "confidential".

Of course, 原画 is "genga" with 集 referring to a "collection".

Does that help at all? I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to the paper side of the hobby. xD
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Thanks guys/gals. I don't have the item with me yet. I probably should just have SMJ ship it. My main concern was whether these were original materials or a copy (similar to settei). It would be nice if it was "never seen before" though "secret" was my initial translation too, it's not adult material so I think that's out. So it's not a commonly used term I guess in paper collections. :D I'll let you know or describe it once I get them! :bounce