Books, Books and more Books

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Books, Books and more Books

Post by cutiebunny »

Every so often, I'll buy a manga that will feature a sketch by the mangaka either inside the front cover or on one of the pages inside the book. Tankobons use super cheap acidic paper, meaning that the paper will start to turn yellow fast. What is the best way to store this artwork? Should I consider removing it and thus destroying the manga in the process, should I trim multiple sheets of microchamber paper and place them inbetween several pages or is there another way to preserve these books to minimize deterioration to the sketch?
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Re: Books, Books and more Books

Post by pixie_princess »

It's been a while but I figured better late than never :D

I've had some Sailor Moon (1st run Japanese manga) and Fushigi Yuugi novels in mylar sleeves since 1998 and they are still the same as the day I bought them :) They have been stored in a cool and dark place most of their lives (with me), so that has probably helped. I think that coupled with a few small sheets of micro chamber paper spread in the book and near the sketch itself should be good.