My first rebagging session has concluded.

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
LWK
Anime Geek

My first rebagging session has concluded.

Post by LWK »

Well, not so much concluded, got 12 more to do. It went well, I am gonna have a entire side of the bags completely cut open. Sensei, would you recommend this as the best solution? I just have em sitting in bags. Also removed some staples from the only cel I had with staples. Itoya 11x14 landscape album just arrived to, and now I gotta get my 11x14 acid free backing boards. Figure I'll do as you guys do and use my paper cutter to cut the next biggest size down if it saves on cost?

I gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised. I smelled no vinegar smell so far when doing my first rebagging. These cels never were rebagged and I started collecting in like 2002 and only recently returned. I saw some minor back paint shining, but nothing critical. Now that they are sitting in bags, what is the absolutely best thing to do with the bags. Should I cut the sides off each bag? This is my plan so far. 8)
My Fatal Fury Gallery: www.lwk.rubberslug.com

My email for selling me Fatal Fury cels: lwkusa@hotmail.com
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: My first rebagging session has concluded.

Post by Jadeduo »

Congrats LWK! Re bagging is a necessary but time consuming process. I recommend just not sealing the bags and letting the end that is open face the outside pocket in the book so it will get some airflow it really only needs one side open to the air.

Some peeps only cut off the corners I believe from what I have observed from pieces I've gotten from Sensei is he leaves one side open and clips all the corners on the bag as well as putting a full to half sheet of microchamber paper in with the cel on the top.

Let us know if you have more questions!
LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

I used a paper cutter to slice the entire right side of each bag off, like you can just pull the cel out from the right side. Only exception is three more cels I need to get done. Two of which are not Fatal Fury based though. These cels haven't been placed in bags for over a decade on thought.. Actually, they were mostly received and kept in the bags they came with. Almost all of them were sealed shut. Was probably a really good thing I've rebagged them. They are in a Itoya album. Which is like two cels shy from being full, so I need to buy another. Also need acid free backing boards. I also want to do the microchamber paper thing. How much would like 50 sheets of that cost?

Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

You can purchase Microchamber at one of two places,

https://www.bagsunlimited.com/

or Direct

http://www.conservationresources.com/Ma ... hamber.htm

Ganbatte ne!
LWK
Anime Geek

Post by LWK »

Wow, the price is good. I'll pick some of those up soon. So I can just place them at the top of each cel in the itoya? They won't adhere to topside tracelines?

Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

It should not adhere to topside tracelines, but it will adhere to topside paint just make sure the paper doesn't touch any of the corrections painted on the face of the cel.