My Cel Restoration!

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
LWK
Anime Geek

My Cel Restoration!

Post by LWK »

https://youtu.be/bU2dUl08UA4?list=PLtGL ... 27rz5GlhBB

I knew this cel would be a pain in the butt when I got it. Moisture in the center of the second layer, layers were misaligned. Just over all, garbage situation. Tried the cold method to remove the layer. Worked, but paint loss. Ruined the appearance of it. I tried color matching it at a craft store, wasted energy. Finally decided to remove the black, which exposed the true color. It was just large enough to get a sample copy. I got the paint copied at home depot. They managed it, it is a pinkish red, real offbeat color. They almost gave up. There is a slight differential, this is because I didn't wanna remove to much of the original animators work.
My Fatal Fury Gallery: www.lwk.rubberslug.com

My email for selling me Fatal Fury cels: lwkusa@hotmail.com
JustVan
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: My Cel Restoration!

Post by JustVan »

Looks good, and definitely better than with the paint holes in it. Not sure I could do something similar, but if you're happy with the end results, and they do look good, that's what matters. You turned a junk cel into a piece of art again. Bravo. Still planning to paint him some arms?
JustVan's Cels: Unico, Escaflowne, Ranma ½, DBZ & more.