European collcetors? Experience (storage, deputy, customs,...)

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
nekotan

European collcetors? Experience (storage, deputy, customs,...)

Post by nekotan »

So, here comes my second newbie-thread :D

I was wondering if some of the collectors here are from Europe like me (maybe even from the EU). Especially because it would be great if those could maybe share some information/ experience regarding good shops for microchamber paper, bags and other stuff for storage purposes (most of the ones I found only ship inside the US or seem strangely overprized X| ), recommendable deputy services, tricks/ hints regarding customs (so expensive... :l ), etc.
And it would be nice not to feel so lonely with this nice hobby here in Europe :)

Best wishes,
Nekotan :cat
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: European collcetors? Experience (storage, deputy, customs,...)

Post by cutiebunny »

There are a couple of collectors from the UK and a couple of EU members on this board, but most of the European collectors frequent the French site, www.cel-city.com. Keep in mind that the forum is largely operated in French, so if you have 0 reading and writing ability, the board might not be so helpful to you.

I'm surprised that you feel like you're all alone in Europe. There's a massive anime fanbase in Europe, with Japan Expo Paris bringing in over 150K in attendance yearly. I don't know how active collectors are at that convention, but I would think there would be some panel or group there.
nekotan

Post by nekotan »

Ah, thank you very much for your answer - I already felt quite deserted... :l
Unfortunately I cant't speak French at all (wrong decision in High School, it seems... X| ) :l
Does anybody happen to know any other forum sites which are more European aside from the French one?
Or at least some good shops/ ebay sellers for storage stuff that ship to Europe as well (if possible one, that sells the more important stuff like bags and microchamber paper)?
Maybe I just searched the wrong places, but finding that stuff here is really difficult :( (which may be due to the fact that there aren't that many collectors here) -- but maybe they are just hiding from me :shrug (no reason though, I'm not biting, just asking dumb questions :P )

Nekotan
:cat
Gabe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Gabe »

Hi,
Do you speak german?
There is also a german board for artwork related stuff to talk.
nekotan

Post by nekotan »

Really? Which one is it? In fact German is my mother tongue, so that would be great. :)
Gabe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Gabe »

Also hier. ^^
http://board.cels.de

Sind zwar nicht mehr so viele aktiv wie früher aber hilfe bekommt man trotzdem. ;)
Für D gibts ja z. B. eine bestimmte Zoll-Nr. wo man angeben kann zwecks verzollung.

Aber solches wirste bestimmt dort Erfahren.

Regisitrierung ist derzeit deaktiviert.
Falls interesse besteht wegen anmeldung mir einfach ne PN schicken und ich werde Dir dort was einrichten.