Do I have the Wrong Itoya's?

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Do I have the Wrong Itoya's?

Post by Pixel »

I think I screwed up. I bought 2 - 11x14 Itoya Profolio to use with standard size cels. I have the ones labeled "Digital Printer Album". They load from the top (short side). I thought I needed ones that load from the spine (long side, inside). Will it still be okay to use these for cels? I assume it makes little difference for sketches/dougas/paper.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Do I have the Wrong Itoya's?

Post by JWR »

No you should have the correct ones. Itoya load the artwork from an opening on the shorter size
I personally have quite a few 11X14 & 11X17 and 1 16x20
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

Thanks man, I know there are several types, and that makes it confusing.

I hope it's okay if I add another question, it seems to make more sense than starting a new thread. I think I might need one of the larger Itoya, and they begin to get very expensive as they get larger.

They have a cheaper version called Expo. Would these be alright to use in a pinch? To me, the main difference seems to be that the Expo doesn't have the reversible spine.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Art-Supplies ... xpo/p/5117
JWR

Post by JWR »

Looks like those would work just fine
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

I discovered that the Expo only has half as many sheets as the standard profolios, that's the main difference in cost.

Just a heads up on that. I went with the standard profolio after all, simply because of more sheets. Not as cost-effective as I'd hoped; I originally thought the Expo had the same number of sheets. That said, sounds like the the Expo should do if that's all that's handy.

When I got home, I found one of the profolio sheets badly creased and folded over inside. I should have looked closer. I might have done it myself on the way home. Oh well, it's not the end of the world.

How quickly have they multiplied, I've got three of them now. Two 9x12, two 11x14, one 11x17. I do like the relatively compact way in which they store production art though.