What are the points of using Poly bags for Cels?

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
tsunu

What are the points of using Poly bags for Cels?

Post by tsunu »

I always come up upon using these comic book sleeves (Poly bags) when researching online, but I am totally clueless at the moment on how I should be using them with my Itoya Binder. It seems pointless to bag the cel inside of the Itoya sleeve. I see that many people recommended it, but for what reason? I am just recently getting into cel collecting, so bear with me :bawl
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: What are the points of using Poly bags for Cels?

Post by JWR »

The use of a bag protects the cel and keeps the surface clean from dust and such and also keeps the paint on the back of the cel from sticking to things like the black paper inside the Itoya sleeve.

Also a cel inside the bag can be handled without getting fingerprints and dirt on them.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
tsunu

Re: What are the points of using Poly bags for Cels?

Post by tsunu »

Oh, I seem to get now. Thank you for your reply. When I put the cel with the poly bag in it inside of the Itoya sleeves, it'll pretty much help the cel not stick to the black sheet, but all I gotta do is cut the corners and 2 sides of the bag to ventilate it.