Where is the best place to sell cels/animation artwork?

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Where is the best place to sell cels/animation artwork?

Post by Noriko010884 »

Today I received a delivery of cel bags and microchamber paper for the routine bag change/collection check/air out etc., this time consuming responsibility making me think I should slim down my collection. This leads me to ask, what platform/site do you think is best for selling cels/animation artwork? I figure creating a purpose made website is not worth considering as it would probably receive less interest/views than an item in the RS shop, so what do you think?

Anime Beta and Rubberslug are home to serious and sincere collectors, but the communities are limited and sites appear not to be frequently visited.

eBay appears to be active and competitive (depending on what you're buying), with a huge number of users, however eBay fees can be brutal.

YJ: I don't speak/read Japanese so in order to use YJ I would have to ask a friend to create an account and listings, for which I would have to pay him for his admin service. I assume YJ also has its own fees to add also. That being said I suspect YJ listings to garner more interest from international anime fans than eBay listings.

Given that I don't get a great deal of free time between work and loved ones it will take a while to complete the maintenance and processing of my collection, but any opinions from now until then is very welcome, as are any other suggestions that I have not considered.

Domo arigatou!
ZenAmako

Re: Where is the best place to sell cels/animation artwork?

Post by ZenAmako »

Hi,

I sent you a PM.
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Re: Where is the best place to sell cels/animation artwork?

Post by Noriko010884 »

A big thank you to those who responded with suggestions, I appreciate it.

I'm not yet ready to start selling as I have more tasks to complete, but when I'm ready I will be sure to share my experience/s with the community to return the support shown by members. Thank you!