Thanks guys

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
rwrecker

Thanks guys

Post by rwrecker »

I've been a lurker for several months and finally created an account... just wanted to thank everyone here for sharing information.

I'm new to collecting and had a lot of questions at first, and being able to go through these topics and responses helped a lot. I wanted to post this thank you in this board because the information here is very valuable.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Thanks guys

Post by sensei »

Dear rwrecker,

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Anime-Beta! We're glad that the previous discussions are helpful. This wealth of collector-specific information is one reason we keep this forum alive and available for research. Please feel welcome to share your own experiences -- every collection once was just one cel or sketch. And if you have questions, please feel free to post up a query. We all have our "inner newbie" inside somewhere and so I'm sure you'll get helpful advice and suggestions.
rwrecker

Post by rwrecker »

Sounds great - thanks for keeping the forum alive and well.

I wouldn't consider my collection much of anything special at the moment - my cels would most likely be considered low end to the serious collectors... and also not that interesting. I got a pack coming in from Animation Legends tomorrow and was considering posting an unboxing video if there was any interest in that. They got me interested in starting a collection.

Eventually I'll move onto some higher end cels.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

The main thing to remember is all of us started with just that one cel and worked up from there.
It's not a competition , each should always collect what is special to them.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Hi! and Welcome to the forum, just collect what you like and enjoy
and that in itself will make you happy!
:cheers