Cel Collectors

For the n00bs of cel collecting and production art . . . and for some of us old-timers, too. Post your questions on anything that puzzles you.
manufan

Cel Collectors

Post by manufan »

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows where all the cel collectors now hang out on the internet? I heard that this used to be anime-beta, but that this may have shifted.

If you have any info, it would be MUCH appreciated.

kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Cel Collectors

Post by kizu »

I don't know where it's truly shifted but there is a group in Facebook called Anime Cel Collectors and there is also a Rubberslug and Anime-beta group. The former seems more active. Some also tried to do instagram but from what I see, just by the nature of instagram it's very disconnected. I'm in the FB group but I don't like to post using my personal account so... and I really like the old school places like here and RS. Merry Christmas.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Kizu, i was so glad to hear you say that you enjoy the old school way of AB & RS!
sorry to hijack your post manufan but I thought i was the only one!
welcome to AB and just keep searchin' for that yu-gi-oh wish list cel,
just never know when....
:cheers
and merry christmas to all those familiar names here and to all the new ones too!!
tarakatsuki
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by tarakatsuki »

Yes I would say the FB group would probably be most active. I made an Instagram for my collection related stuff (even though I hate Instagram). My Insta is Inuseum.
kizu

Post by kizu »

teggacat wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:49 am Kizu, i was so glad to hear you say that you enjoy the old school way of AB & RS!
sorry to hijack your post manufan but I thought i was the only one!
welcome to AB and just keep searchin' for that yu-gi-oh wish list cel,
just never know when....
and merry christmas to all those familiar names here and to all the new ones too!!
Aww. I'm glad I'm not the only one too. I think I'm not ready to let go of my online persona? That and I keep my online persona and personal/RL separate though we both know each others real names. 😁 Merry XMAS! Oh and hey I'm sure you know already https://shinsengumi.net/index.php/2021/ ... -project/

Goodluck Manufan!
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Reddit has a subreddit for animation cels, but it only gets one post a day at best and people seldom comment. I'm not sure how helpful they might be there if you have questions or want to buy/sell something. Doesn't hurt to try, of course.

I'm thinking about creating an Instagram account for my cels. Wondering if anything would really come from it, though.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

sugarcels wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:51 pmI'm thinking about creating an Instagram account for my cels. Wondering if anything would really come from it, though.
My experience has been that people with either treat IG like a store with the assumption that everything posted is for sale or they will tell you that they own something else which is better than whatever you posted and then follow that up with no pictures of said better item.

I honestly find it annoying how people behave on IG but maybe you'll have better luck than I.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

cutiebunny wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:57 am
sugarcels wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:51 pmI'm thinking about creating an Instagram account for my cels. Wondering if anything would really come from it, though.
My experience has been that people with either treat IG like a store with the assumption that everything posted is for sale or they will tell you that they own something else which is better than whatever you posted and then follow that up with no pictures of said better item.

I honestly find it annoying how people behave on IG but maybe you'll have better luck than I.
Oh boy, maybe I'll pass :P
hobbywhelmed

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Good topic, for those of us that have been "away" (aka other hobbies) for many, many years and are now revisiting older loves. Glad to see this site and RS are still around. I avoid FB for the most part. A few indents does not make for an informational read. Give me the "dinosaur" forum (as they're called by impulse-driven posters and despisers of forums with rules), where content is the focus and topic organization extends beyond posting date!

It's been a long time since I even pulled out my cels to look at them (aka other hobbies, and a serious chunk of Real Life getting in the way), but it seems to be time to renew our relationship. I'm going to enjoy reading and catching up here (are there any issues with replying to older topics?) Guess I better review the rules myself!

I glance at reddit for PGO, but have completely avoided IG for the frothing chaos and a self-righteous snit at things I hear about its set-up algorithms.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

hobbywhelmed wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm (are there any issues with replying to older topics?) Guess I better review the rules myself!
I'm not aware of any technical issues and have already seen a few older threads revitalized. Rules? None that I'm aware of save the old "be kind to the newbies and don't poke the trolls" common wisdom. Thanks for revisiting. I like the long memory of Beta and am a little disturbed by the short-term amnesia that seems to affect FB and other "keep-it-short-please-and-add-a-picture-for-the-illiterate-among-us" platforms.