A1 or End

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Choose one

A1
48%
End cel
53%

Total votes: 40

darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

From my experience with my collection i can say that you cannot tell if A1is better or worse then end.

Sometimes the A1 cel is the best, sometimes it's the end cel, and sometimes it's a middle key cel inbetween.

Sure, i would always prefer an A1END but if that's not the option i don't really care.

A1 cels are easy to identify because the secuence number says it all, but with end cels it's not always the case because not always the "END" or equivalent word is written on the cel (sometimes is only written on the sketch and sometimes although rare it's not even written anywhere). And with so many cels out there without sketches it can be a little tricky to say if your cel it's the end one or not.
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Marauder
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Marauder »

It doesn't matter to me either--I would go for whichever cel was the "key" cel (which is often both). Of course, I'll jump on the bandwagon and say that A1 END cels are particularly nice. :D
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

If the image is the same I guess it doesn't matter. But I chose END since it seems to me that the END cel is more likely to come with the original matching bg . . . maybe that's just my imagination. But I do own a lot of A1 cels and none of them have come with it, while the one END cel that I have looks beautiful with it's ombg . . . :D
LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Post by LinaLoN »

It doesn't really matter to me though I currently have more END cels then A1. I just found out after reading this thread and going through my cels that my LoN cel where she's holding the globe is A1... that's cool! Doesn't change the fact that it's a special cel to me, just makes it BETTER :)

By the way, how can you tell if a cel sequence is a KEY cel? I've always wandered that. It doesn't really say KEY does it... I have one cel with an odd little symbol on it like the symbol for venus (woman?) or something like that near the cel number corner. Also I have one other cel with a dot in the center of a small circle near the cel number(kinda like a bullseye). Anybody know what any of those are?
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

A1 and END cels are always key cels as far as i can tell.
Besides that, for cels inbetween the sequence if the cels number is circled then it's probably a key cel. But sometimes the circle only appears on the sketch, not on the cel itself, so if you don't have the sketch it can be difficult to tell.
LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Post by LinaLoN »

A1 and END cels are always key cels as far as i can tell.
Besides that, for cels inbetween the sequence if the cels number is circled then it's probably a key cel. But sometimes the circle only appears on the sketch, not on the cel itself, so if you don't have the sketch it can be difficult to tell.
Oh really? Thanks for telling me! :D
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.
naria
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by naria »

For the most part, it doesn't really matter to me. But, I chose end cel. I have a few that are A1end cels and another that is an end cel that I love. The end cel had a bit more emotion showing in the cel. I'd be curious to compare with the A1 cel in the sequence...