How often do you...

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

How often do you give a gallery/collector feedback?

All the time
6%
Occasionally
73%
Only when I want to make an offer/trade
10%
Never
10%

Total votes: 48

Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

I do sometimes...whether it's just to compliment a particular cel or update or the gallery in general, as I know it's always nice to receive some feedback (whether it's good or bad!) :)
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

I usually only leave feedback if someone updates something really neat or has something unique in their gallery or interesting. I also do so if I see something I wish to see if they are willing to part with.

The only feedback I get are offers to buy my Nude Yorichi stuff and the occasional

"why you collect el hazard?, that show is gay"

"Why do you have so many cels of girls with red hair?".
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

Holy resurrection, Batman! At first I was like, "who are these new members?" then I looked at the posting date..
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I think Rubberslug would be awesome with a "Comment" section where people can add comments, kinda like a blog.

It would nice if there were trackbacks... if others link to the site and commented.

But then Rubberslug would be like a blog instead of a gallery... lol! Image

But if you want comments just post your update here!
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Re: Feedback...

Post by Krafty »

Wow, nice find, Keropi! When I started reading this thread it didn't occur to me how old it was until I saw the old skool names!
It is still a topic very relevant today.
Jadeduo wrote:I usually give perfect tens on everything but presentation. It drives me nuts when someone has 20+ cels in a series and then puts them at 3 a page!
It's nice to know I'm getting a perfect score from you, Jade, cheers! ;) lol

Anyway, I voted for "All The Time" because I tend to leave people comments fairly regularly. Most of these collectors are people who enjoy the same series as I do so that narrows it down a lot. I tend to message the same 20-25 people on and off and don't spread myself too far, even though I appreciate everyone's collections.

I think it's nice to send feedback regularly just so the owner knows that their efforts are noticed and appreciated. It's part of the community spirit.

I can relate to this well because of my social job as a rural village postman where I'm meeting and chatting to the same 300-400 people each week. But I know it's not a natural thing for a lot of people to do especially if they're 'townies' where everyone around them is anonymous and people keep themselves to themselves. That tends to echo their online life too.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I just opened a Rubberslug account, so Just pm me and I'd love to look at and comment on your Rubberslug!!!

I'm going to need lots of comments and feedback when I have mine up and running!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I hardly ever comment or vote for galleries, unless it's during the "Open House" forums that we ocassionally have. However, I'm more apt to commenting than voting, especially because a lot of users(myself included) have disabled the voting ability on their page.

While most of my comments are positive, I have ocassionally commented on cels that are not genuine, but yet are being listed as so. Some of these items are very obviously fancels, and I try to inform the seller in the hopes of them being able to get their money back in the event that they purchased this item after being informed that it was a genuine piece of production artwork.
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

i try to leave feedback whenever possible. usually when someone acquires a new cel that i like, or if i see cels that are on their wishlist. i try to keep up with collectors who collect the same series as me. i rarely if ever make offers, maybe once every couple years. as for feedbacks that i receive, the majority of them are from non-rubbersluggers who want to know how and where i acquired my cels. i do my best to comply and be helpful but generally, i don't like to reveal private sources.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Ummm, hardly ever. I was never really big on leaving feedback. Usually, I only do if I can identify a cel, or which episode, etc. Sometimes I do when I have a sequence mate, especially if I have a matching background, original or copy. I like to send scans for people to print out. :)
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I admit that I almost never leave feedback.

I love to look, but I don't want to be a pest. Like someone else said, I have left feedback before and the gallery owner misunderstood and thought I was going to make an offer.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Where's my rarely option? :? Nowadays, I typically only send feedback to a gallery owner I know already. I've left feedback to someone I didn't know and automatically they assumed I wanted to buy. Um, I can admire without spending money, can't I? Apparently, that's not the case anymore so now I just keep my mouth shut.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kizu

Post by kizu »

I don't give feedback often but when I do, it's usually for either series I collect (because that's what I look at) and for galleries that has a particular focus/theme, especially if they collect something unique or display so much passion/knowledge in their collection. Of course i also have a habit of leaving feedback and following it up with a proposal. :)
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Wow, never realized that so many people were incapable of taking compliments without seeing other intentions behind the words . . .

The worst thing that's happened to me when I leave feedback is that no one answers. I think that's one big reason why people don't leave feedback unless the gallery owner has recently updated. You never know when an old gallery's owner has changed emails or fallen off a cliff or stopped collecting (and thus answering emails pertaining to collecting).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah...years ago I would receive replies back about 80 percent of the time after giving feedback. But in the last 2-3 years I've only gotten replies back about 75 percent of the time from the people I know or have messaged previously and about 50 percent of the time from the people I haven't messaged before. I'm taking into account the possibly 1 out of 5 rubberslug feedbacks I give are not going through.

It kind reminds me of the situation of meeting anime fans at conventions ten years ago compared to how it is now. In the past it was so exciting meeting new anime fans or artwork collectors because there were so few of them. You treasured those meetings (or nearly all of them anyway. There were always a couple bad apples :P ).

Now it's rather easy to blow some people off because it's pretty easy to find someone else in your field of interest. Or in the very least...you can say that it's become a lot easier to pass up on keeping your e-mail updated. :)