Your most expensive cel's series

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

blueshinma wrote:I try not to think about it :wow:
Ha ha! I think that is the real key to this hobby! :D :D
jmannpv
Anime Geek

Post by jmannpv »

Well I have to agree, if you count the dollars and cents you would die!! For me the most painful for the back pocket would have to be Rurouni Kenshin (plus some rare SM cels)
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

My most expensive cel is from Inuyasha, and that is far from my favorite anime. Trigun, one of my favorites, has the second most expensive cels. :D
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Well for me the most expensive's been Ninja scroll handsdown, though the cost of my most expensive cels wouldn't be a major deal to some folkes. I've noticed however that good VHDB cels seem to have gone up quite considerably.
confusedmoogle
Anime Geek

Post by confusedmoogle »

My most expensive cel comes from IY. This is my most expensive cel by a long shot.

The runner-up cel is, like many others here, FY <-- I have yet to post that one online.

My favorite series is actually my third most expensive cel from the Legend of Basara.
Drakonia
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Drakonia »

My most expensive cel is a hanken from Kaikan Phrase, a series that isn't widely known by US collectors, with the Evil Tamahome cels from Fushigi Yuugi following closely behind. Neither of these series is one of my favorite shows, however, they do have two out of three of my all-time favorite male anime characters. (Hubba Hubba.) :wink:
Digital

Post by Digital »

My most expensive cel is from Kare Kano. I've spent more in total on Haibane Renmei (rilezu), Scrapped Princess (more rilezu), Maison Ikkoku, and IY, but for one cel, Kare Kano gets it.

#2, FWIW, is a Madoka cel from Kimagure Orange Road.

And yes, all of these are some of my favorite shows.
BaronV

Post by BaronV »

About $300 a few years ago for a Macross DYRL cel. Don't think I'll break that mark again since I have more bills, mortgage, etc. to pay for that I didn't worry about when I started cel collecting.

Booo to getting older! :wink:
Cels, Toys and most childish things!
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Post by Koneko Koji »

My most expensive cel is from Cardcaptor Sakura (the giant pan of Touya hugging Yuki). After that though, Wish is my most expensive series :D
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

Well, I am going to answer the question for sketch and cel. Cel-wise, I used to own this very nice Berserk cel, it was the most I ever paid for a cel, occasionally I due miss the fact that I sold it way-back-when...

Other then that, a certain Yoko sketch from Juuni Kokki (which exceeds the price I paid for the Berserk cel..) I was in dealings with the seller for 2 months prior to securing it. But it was well worth it.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
Kata
Sakabat&#333; Sheath

Post by Kata »

Most expensive production cel is to no surprise from Rurouni Kenshin, fallowed by several Rurouni Kenshin and Fushigi Yuugi cels.

My most expensive Sketch (CG) would be from Bleach, fallowed by several Bleach sketches but never nowhere near the one Bleach sketch.

My most expensive overall would be the sketch I bought from Bleach.

I'm not regretting any of my expensive purchases'.
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Post by Princess Nadia »

My most expensive cels' series has changed since I first answered this thread.

It's now vintage Looney Toons short "One Froggy Evening".
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Sketches: interestingly enough, Magic Knight Rayearth. I went toe-to-toe with a bunch of Japanside bidders for a set of rough gengas showing Hikaru casting Fire Arrow and won. Later, I was able to reunite two of the cels from this cut with the sketches, the A1 and a later key that is hands-down the most intense of the series. Neither cel cost as much as the set of gengas.

Backgrounds: as I said in my original post, Princess Tutu. This was for a lot of ten backgrounds, including one that is an iconic image from the "Swan Lake" climax of the first story arc.

Regrets? As Frank Sinatra would say, too few to mention.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

My most expensive script is my autographed Refrain Blue script.

My most expensive copy settings came from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (wasn't sure if they were hand done or copies when I bid).

My most expensive backgrounds came from Kanon (2002).

Not sure what my most expensive sketches from a cel series are because none of them were very expensive.

My most expensive sketch set came from Fate/stay night. That was the second set I had seen on YJ. It was the auction I mentioned a long time ago that got bid up to my max while the top bidder withdrew his bid before the auction ended. I didn't mind that as much as the sketches being from a questionable seller. :shrug

I wish the sketches looked better so that I wouldn't care where they came from. :P
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

My most expensive comes from Nausicaa and my most expensive sketches are from VP Miyu.