Genders of characters you've sought out

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Genders of characters you've sought out?

More male characters
47%
More female characters
37%
Evenly split 50-50
16%

Total votes: 49

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

We have more active female posters here so I'm not surprised how the poll has been going so far. It's about right how it averages out. :)

I think it's different collecting from a show in general and trying to collect a specific character. I might want to collect from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure first OVA (which essentially only has male characters), but that doesn't mean that I'm specifically looking for one of the characters. I might only want cool cels from the show no matter who's showing on them.

On the other hand, if I'm specifically looking for a good cel of Manami Sugihara from Sentimental Journey, I'm looking for it mainly because she happens to be on the cel and because I like her character so much.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I generally go for male characters of series I've watched. When looking at miscellaneous cels for sale though, I tend to be more interested in the female.
Sylia
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Sylia »

I like the girls, mainly. ^^; I like fewer male characters, but the ones I do like I like *a lot*... it's just that there's less good artwork of those characters, anyway. So I have a pretty girl-themed collection mostly ^^;. A couple of series I guess it's more even, though.
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Definitely more males :wink:
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Female!? :)

Most of my favourite characters that I actively collect are all female.

Taking a look at the make up of my collection, it is made up of mostly female characters, followed then by mecha with male cels a distant third.
crackpot27
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Of those I'm actively looking for I'd say 90% are male characters, though there are some female characters I'd like a chance at, they're just fewer and far between :hitting:
Collection wise I think female characters have a little higher rate, but not by much :P
toonybabe

Post by toonybabe »

I would say that I collect male and female characters equally. :D

Edit: After checking my gallery, maybe slightly more females than males.