Gallery Items with most hits

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Gallery Items with most hits

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Heehee, yeah! I've noticed a couple interesting oddities with the view counts on some of my items, too.

Those who wish to view this list as an image can use this link here:
http://firesanctuary.com/images/cels/13 ... ritems.png

1.) Samurai Troopers
OVA2 Episode 3, Ryo (920)
Added: 10/2/2004

2.) B't X Neo
Episode 6, Madonna & Maim/Harrowing (879)
Added: 6/26/2005

3.) Gulkeeva
Opening (838)
Added: 1/3/2002

4.) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
Episode 11 (694)
Added: 1/26/2005

5.) Gulkeeva
Episode 4 (651)
Added: 3/30/2002

6.) Harukanaru Toki no Naka de
Episode 11 (632)
Added: 6/3/2005

I'm not surprised that my top titles made it into this list, however, I am very curious as to why #3 & 4 are in there.

The cel in spot #3 is from the opening sequence, but it isn't the most spectacular shot in my gallery. The characters are actually quite small and have very little clear detail on the cel. It does depict the main protagonist and antagonist in battle which never occurs in the show...but for such an obscure title, I'm really impressed that anything from this show makes it to this list.

The #4 cel is also from a relatively obscure title that had a brief niche following (maybe still does here and there) but this was a fan cel I had commissioned...and was thoroughly shocked when I received it. It was not painted on a standard size piece of acetate but rather a much smaller, flimsier piece of plastic (almost think of a ziplock bag). The art itself is fine and looks good for the price, but for it to be in this list is more than shocking.

I thought it was also interesting to compare not only which items had the most view counts but also when they were originally added. #3 & 5 are some of the oldest items in my gallery, so they have had more time to accumulate views over the years. :D

And have any of you tried a Google image search for some of the titles you collect? I've noticed that Google will list several of these particular cels, which could be why they have more views than others.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Gallery Items with most hits

Post by cutiebunny »

I've never been a big fan of the 'Popular Items' list because it never takes into account how many hits the item receives per month. Usually, items that you've publically displayed longer will be in the top spots on your list. My list is no different and the two highest items are items that I updated with in June (Commercial SM Team cel) and July (Teenage Chibimoon cel) of 2005. The 'newest' item in my Top 10 was added in March 2007 and is the 'Moon Revenge' cel of Usagi from the Sailor Moon R movie. All but one item in my Top 10 list is from Sailor Moon. The other is a settei sheet of Lucia in her princess gown from Mermaid Melody. I have a couple settei sheets from this anime in my 'Popular Items' wishlist, and all of them started appearing there once I joined a large Sailor Moon forum about two years ago and put my gallery in my sig. My guess is that the boost in hits to these items came from them, and possibly linking their sites/blogs to these items.

I'm someone who likes numbers, and I get some enjoyment out of number crunching (I know it's odd...sorry). I've gone through most of my items in my gallery and have calculated how many hits each one receives on a monthly basis. I usually wait until an item has been made public for over a year. I figure that, by that time, the initial 'newness' boost has been taken into account, and I can get a better idea as to how popular it is. Going by hits/month, the most popular item in my gallery is my colored Miho Shimogasa sketch of Sailor Moon & Chibimoon. That choice is not surprising as a large amount of my hits come from Sailor Moon Forum users. I've also noticed that Shimogasa's artwork is very popular among Sailor Moon fans, and many feel that she was one of the better artists that worked on the series.

I use Google to search for my images, not because I want to see how popular they are, but because I want to make sure that no one else is using said images and claiming them as their own. Obviously, I can't stop image theft and don't go all batty if I find someone else referencing it, but I don't like it when people claim it as theirs.