So you are thinking about making a gynormous purchase

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

How to earn the extra cash?

Sit at the bottom of an Interstate exit with a sign that says, "Homeless" and a tin can.
10%
Put on a miniskirt and 6" spike heels and head down to the red light district.
13%
Pull out all of your old blankets and make sure all your batteries are charged, cause it going to be a long winter without heat or electricity.
13%
Go to the store and buy cases and cases of ramen, cause frankly, you needed to lose weight anyway.
63%

Total votes: 30

Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: So you are thinking about making a gynormous purchase

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

sensei wrote:I have read some very sad messages on collectors' forums in which people did AA-type confessions of things they claimed they had actually done to scout up the money for "wishlist" purchases.
I took the thread in a lighthearted way too. ^_^ But I do more than completely agree with what people here have been posting. I won't pretend I've never overspent, but each time it's been very carefully thought out and under very unusual circumstances..... and thus it has NOT happened often. In this same light, I also never enter into payment plans for cels.

I guess the way I see it is, the more careful I am about my spending habits, the less often I will be forced into selling any of my collection. ^_^ So far, this plan has been working. I've never once had to sell my collection due to lack of funds for essentials. (And no.... I'm not just rich. LOL) There might be things I can't afford to aquire, but that will always be the situation no matter how much money I spend.