How many production cels do you own?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

How many production cels do you own?

under 20
16%
21-50
22%
51-100
17%
101-200
12%
201-300
9%
301-450
25%

Total votes: 69

jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I don't think I want to answer this! I'll have to sit down and add up some numbers :?

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I was very afraid when I saw this thread. I hate thinking about how many cels I own or how much they cost. That's not why I have them. But in the fun spirit of this game, yeah . . . I'm in the last catagory and I just sold some. X|

Going to drink that thought away now. :buds:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I've never counted mine...[edit] I have 34 cels and a lot of sketches
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

I started 5 years ago....... I was planning on getthing this $38K BMW.....then I got hooked on cels. Since then, I sold off my Eclipse, then sold off my Mustang. I no longer have a car. I bike to work. I have more cels than dollars now.
c o l l e c t i v e
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by c o l l e c t i v e »

yeah, i don't have a lot because i'm picky (and always seem to get outbid :dgrin ), but my production cel count minus layouts clocks in at 102.

i can only wish i've spent $1000 on this addiction. sigh.
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

RX78GP02AGUNDAM wrote:I started 5 years ago....... I was planning on getthing this $38K BMW.....then I got hooked on cels. Since then, I sold off my Eclipse, then sold off my Mustang. I no longer have a car. I bike to work. I have more cels than dollars now.
I am sooo afraid of taking the same path like you did... :( (my husband hates me if I buy a cel....)
Cats rule!
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I'm barely over the 300 mark.

I have slowed down quite a bit since I'm not into sketches and so many shows are CG now. I've made up for it by buying backgrounds from shows I know/recognize (mirage of blaze, inu yasha and saiyuki) The backgrounds number a little over 100. I'm glad that they are so much cheaper than the cels.
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

*cough* Talk about slow, I bought my first cel in late 1999, and currently I have a grand total of 98. That is counting sketch sets as well as freebies (though I really didn't want to count the free ones as they were never an intended purchase, but technically I do own them). I'm a slow collector, I don't make a lot of money, so I don't really purchase something unless I really want it, or it's something I've been looking for. Plus, since I do collect a *very* expensive series, many cels that I have purchased, I could've purchased 10 cels rather than the one. ^^;;

Also, though I purchased my first in late '99, I hadn't gotten into the habit, and didn't even make my second cel purchase until 6 months later (after that though, I was hooked).
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

Wow, I was very surprised to see I've broken 50. 8O

YAY!!! :dban *feels accomplished* Thanks for this fun thread!
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I did a quick count and I have just over 100 without including sketches, repros and fancels. I started collecting January 2003. Since some of mine are fairly expensive and others are not, I'm not going to the next step to figure out how much I've spent. I don't think I really want to know right now.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Gabriel
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Gabriel »

You really need more options. :D
Cels are bad for you - http://gabriel.rubberslug.com
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I don't even have 50 cels :P I mostly buy sketches since my favorite anime, Yugioh, was made with CG.
evilminion
Senpai - Elder

Post by evilminion »

Oh god... I don't want to count. Counting would make me think about how much I've spent per cel, and that would make me start to add things up... :hurt:

Much safer if I don't count.

Would it help to say that I used to have more than I do now, so I've obviously gotten better...?

:sweatdrop

Someday, I really will learn to go with that "quality over quantity" philosophy that I've heard so much about. Trouble is, I like soooooo many scenes...

EDIT: Jeezus hopping Christ, I should not have counted. X| Final tally of just production cels (counting full sequences and similar oddities as just one cel), no settei cels or harmony watercolors, no CG-only stuff like rilezus or loose backgrounds, and not counting the stuff I have up for sale, is somewhere over 550.

I don't suppose they sell enormous bottles of self-control at Costco, do they? I suck. :bawl
He who dies with the biggest mech... obviously needed a bigger mech.
http://www.evilminion.com/ - anime cel gallery
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

88 :)
Joost

Post by Joost »

I'm planning on collection mostly Ghibli stuff and the old Nippon and WMT-series, so... hard to find and most off the time to expensive!! :)
maybe in 10 years i will say that i have more than 25 cels, but for the time being just a small 9 cels :O