Quantity or Quality?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Which is better for cels, quantity or quality?

Quantity
6%
Quality
94%

Total votes: 52

hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Quantity or Quality?

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Whats up everyone, i was just wondering how many people prefer quantity and how many people prefer quality in cels?
I personally would prefer quality, but sometimes when there are decent cels for a cheap price, i will probably get it

My Gallery
http://dbzgt.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Last edited by hyelakingsfan on Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Quality, definitely quality. :D
RX78GP02AGUNDAM
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RX78GP02AGUNDAM »

I have more fun with quantity... If my comp in US still have my animated gifs, Id show you more quantity fun...cuz i post this gif too many times...
Amsterdam781
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Amsterdam781 »

I prefer quality. If I can find a cel that I like and its really cheap then I will still go for it but I prefer to save my money for great cels that may come along. :wink:
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

I suppose everyone will prefer quality... after all collecting cels is like collecting artwork and one would be hard pressed to find someone who wants to collect drawings done by kindergarden children. So I too prefer quality over quantity... although to be honest with the series I collect there really isnt much room for "quantity" cels. But I definately do see RX78GP02AGUNDAMs point it would be vrey fun to have a whole sequence of a scene and be able to animate it yourself ^_^

SmacznyPomidor
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

A big quantity of quality would be nice! :D

Sorry, you knew somebody would have to say it sooner or later.
...might as well be me.

I'm still buying the ones that grab hold of my heart and just won't let go. Prices for those have certainly gone up, though the quantity of what grabs me has not diminished in the least. If there's little quantity of quality, then I'll go with lower quality. (if it grabs my heart)

That was fun, can I say that three times fast? X|
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Yes, who wouldnt want a big quantity of quality, but then you would be living in the streets with a binder of cels and that wouldnt be good would it? :P

My Gallery
http://www.dbzgt.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

would it?
darn, some days it seems like a downright rosy future! :D
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

If we become millionaires then it wont be a dream it will become a reality to get a quantity of quality :D I plan on doing it and so should everyone in here :buds:

My Gallery
http://www.dbzgt.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Quality for me as well. I only buy one or two cels per year if I am lucky. There just isn't that much out there that gets me interested enough to buy it. If I like a cel enough, then there is nothing I wouldn't pay to have it.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

Hehe, yes I want both. I'm getting there... :P
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
dbzredneck
Senpai - Elder

Post by dbzredneck »

Well, when I first started I was totally gonna go quantity, but now i'm more for the quality. But like everyone else is saying why not have a big quantity of quality? That's what i'm tryin to do, but on my salary right now it's gonna take forever. :roll:
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

I have quite a quantity of lesser quality... ;-)

Hoping to remedy that as I go along. I would definitely prefer fewer but better cels, but hey. I'll take a wee little image of some characters over none.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

As the military general said "Quantity has a Quality all it's own"

...not for me though. I'd rather have twenty GREAT cels than one hundred fairly-good cels.

Some shows I don't even bother collecting from because I've never seen decent quality cels from it for available. It's a shame, but I don't want to buy cels that aren't good just because I can't get good ones.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Was just thinking about this more... the idea of "quality" is of course highly subjective.

I do have a pile 'o throwaway cels that I purchased early on, or were bonuses with other things, that are most definitely not primo in anyone's book. BUT! I also have, for example, a 3-fer of Koinosuke doing a dance that I wouldn't part with unless I was destitute, becuase I think they're hilarious. They're most definitely no better than, I don't know, C grade cels at the outside limit. but they crack me up :-)

So yes! quantity of quality. And I'll define quality as: "Whatever makes me smile." :P