Quantity or Quality?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Which is better for cels, quantity or quality?

Quantity
6%
Quality
94%

Total votes: 52

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Quality definitely! I too go off the deep end when I first get into collecting a series. Then I settle down, sell off some of the quantity of cels to pay for my now high quality tastes. X|
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:Quality and Quantity /ho
Live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard.... (okay the comparision stops there)
GROAN!!!

I'd bring up a reference to "The Gong Show" here, except that I suspect most of you are too young to remember it.

*edit* Blast your hide! Now I'm going to go around humming that idiotic thing in my head all evening. :?
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Baakay wrote: *edit* Blast your hide! Now I'm going to go around humming that idiotic thing in my head all evening. :?
Like it can be heard over all the voices in your head anyways.
DBZ Cel Maniac
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by DBZ Cel Maniac »

Last edited by DBZ Cel Maniac on Mon May 01, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Baakay wrote: GROAN!!!

I'd bring up a reference to "The Gong Show" here, except that I suspect most of you are too young to remember it.
I am indeed a little to young too remember but I do know the concept. :D
I am sure I'd made that gong get banged more than anyone else.
Baakay wrote:*edit* Blast your hide! Now I'm going to go around humming that idiotic thing in my head all evening. :?
My work here is done ! :^^:
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

When I first started collecting it was quantity...But now it is quality. Except for Yugioh cels, I don't care about the quality...Just quantity! :P
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

Ya gotta go with quality. I prefer looking at the smaller collections with some really nice cels, but that's just me. I wish I could get my collection to be higher quality and lesser quantity...but ya know *Orders 5000 cels* Damnit...
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Ok guys, so since we know that most of you pick quality over quantity, now lets see exactly how much did all of you pay for your best quality cel?
Japoro
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Japoro »

Kymaera wrote:I don't think that's there's a black and white answer to the question. It's a
matter of trade-off's. I'd rather have a good $100 cel than 100 blah cels
that cost me a dollar each. However, if you gave me the choice between
a $1000 cel that's spectacular and 10 $100 cels that are pretty nice, I might
go with the ten cels.
I really have to agree with this statement. In some instances, I have chosen to avoid the high price cel to get a few cheaper cels. And in some cases I go all out for the high priced cel while passing on the cheaper cels. It all depends on the feeling you get when you see the cel in choosing which path you take. As the definition of a "quality cel", is a little different in every cel collectors mind, depending on that persons personal preferences. And we all know that the mind of a cel collector is not always rational X|.

hyelakingsfan wrote:Ok guys, so since we know that most of you pick quality over quantity, now lets see exactly how much did all of you pay for your best quality cel?
Finding this a hard question to answer, as defining "your best quality cel" is kind of subjective, as the definition of quality has not been defined. But in terms of background, sequence number, condition, rarity and extras, I would have to say that I paid about $200 for my most quality cel.
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by celgami »

*sways, with lighter in air, to Gabe and Baakay's rendition of Quality and Quantity*

I'll cast my ballot for quantity because I'm a compulsive spender X| !
Although, I'd like to think I have one or two quality candidates. :wink:
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

:rollin
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

Definitely quality.
ImageImage
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Time to dig up some old threads on highest price paid and on total value/ price of your collection instead of rehashing this again :wink:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

celgami wrote: I'll cast my ballot for quantity because I'm a compulsive spender X| !
Although, I'd like to think I have one or two quality candidates. :wink:
I'll go along with that! I had a hard time answering this question because like so many others have said it's really subjective my idea of quality. :shrug
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Ok, let me rephrase that, in your opinion from your thoughts which one do you think is your most qualitical cel (even though there isnt a word like that but why not make one up, it sounds good :D ) doesnt have to be the most expensive but in your thoughts your favorite quality cel.