coming soon sections

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Do you like coming soon sections or not?

Yes, I can immediately show off my new stuff!
10%
No, it ruins the update when my stuff really comes.
63%
I don't care. I'm out of spending cash anyway.
27%

Total votes: 49

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

coming soon sections

Post by duotrouble »

I've noticed a lot of people have them. I never much cared for them. First, you have to "borrow" the image because you can't create your own. Second, it feels like it takes the thunder out of when you actually get the cel. Everyone has already seen it. It's kinda like, oh yeah, glad you got it. Maybe that's just me. So I wanted to know how everyone else feels.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

I completely agree, Duo. To me it seems like I'd only be half as excited when the cel finally comes because I wouldn't be as anxious to scan and update my gallery - 'cause it's already there. :?
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

I really liked it at first, because it just takes so stinkin' long for stuff to get out here to me. But now, as soon as I get the stuff that's still in there, I'm closing it down. It's depressing seeing how long I've been waiting for these...

Yeah, by the time it comes in, everyone has seen it, but with the original scan. I like the "in my hot little hands" scans better. :) Don't know why...

I don't have many backgrounds that aren't already stapled to the cels, so my scans don't look all that different from the original owner's scans. But some folks' coming soon shows the original scan, and then when it comes in, they add a background and commentary, and I like seeing the change.

So, um, I guess I don't like MY Coming soon, but I like others'. :?
hyelakingsfan
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by hyelakingsfan »

Yeah i agree too even though i have put a coming soon section, but im going to delete it and im not going to put any coming soon sections, its true it does ruin the fun. Especially when the scan isnt even that good of a scan. I now have 2 cels that i am going to get but i am not going to post it until it actually comes.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

This is a really good poll!! I said "I don't care" just because I'm sort of in between both a yes and no answer. I like Coming Soon sections because I can stick up newly won/purchased items right away. But I don't like these sections because when items finally come in and you move items from the CS section to their respective section on RS, the update won't register as being "new". And I don't like CS sections because... well, you have to visit each and every CS section to see exactly what's new. I'd like to know what series have been updated w/o having to visit each gallery. ^^;; Does that make sense? It's sort of like searching for Misc. cels. It makes finding what you're looking for very difficult.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I can't keep up with what I have in my hands, how am I going to manage to get it posted before I get it :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I too said that it did not matter to me. My reason for not having a coming soon section is strictly superstitious. I'm afraid that if I post it and do not have it, something will happen to it in transit.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm kind of in the middle, but if I'm on either side it would be the "like them" side.

I don't look at people's cel galleries that often now so sometimes I check their coming soon section just to see what's there. I may not be back for awhile so I feel more caught up if I check that section out. Sometimes I wonder who won a particular cel and if I see it in their coming soon section I know it was probably them (if it's not a cel from the same sequence).

Either way is fine with me. I used to post up images from Yahoo Japan of cels I hadn't personally received in-hand yet because when those rare times of feeling like updating my cel gallery hit me, I feel I'd better take advantage of them. :D
hanaeleh
Senpai - Elder

Post by hanaeleh »

jenn-b wrote:I too said that it did not matter to me. My reason for not having a coming soon section is strictly superstitious. I'm afraid that if I post it and do not have it, something will happen to it in transit.
Same here. Did a "coming soon" for one cel, took almost a month to get to me, and had a ton of problems with the shipping. Decided that I would just wait and keep the suspense to myself. :)
"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Cels for Sale!!
http://www.hanaeleh.com/cels/celgallery.html
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Heh, you guys and your "anti-borrowed pics" policies...

:)

I'm either way as well, in that I have a Coming Soon section but randomly put stuff there while skipping other pieces completely...no really rhyme or reason really...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

I had a Coming Soon section at one time, but I don't any longer for the simple fact that I'm a lazy bugger and got tired of added the cels into my gallery twice.

When I did have one, I would take the "borrowed" image and mess with it so you really weren't sure what I was getting. Kinda added a bit of mystery to it.
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

I voted "don't care". I often cruise through other folks' "coming soon" sections. And, I used to have one of my own. Actually, I still do, but I locked it because it is too much trouble getting it to "match" with the look of the rest of my gallery. I had found that I mostly used it as a way to keep track of what was coming in, anyhow. So, this way, I can keep track of stuff, and still preserve that mystery of the update ... when and if it occurs.

On my main site, I just keep a running list of what I'm expecting in ... without any images. Another way of just keeping track w/o spoiling the update surprise ... silly, I know. But, hey ... I have no life, so ... :shrug
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

I don't do one. I'd rather wait and do my own full-sized scans and show off
the cels than use the images that I bought from as many of them are poor
quality or done inside bags..even with stickers sometimes.
Kaije
Kamisama - God

Post by Kaije »

Yeah, I used to have one, but I took my down as well. It's jez kinda "Eh...it'll be up there eventually." So, yeah I guess I don't like them.
Don't touch me, but I need a hug.

Toni replied:it is wet and juicy
Toni replied:LOL oh f*cking nice signature, you git
Sig edited for your viewing pleasure.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

I voted no, not because it ruins the update (takes me for-freaking-ever to get updates done anyway)...

but because I am superstitious about angering the gods of safe-cel-delivery. I've had one disaster and a couple of near-misses on getting cels, and I would just HATE to have to remove a picture because of a sob story!

I figure it may be coming soon, but like Doubting Thomas I'll believe it when I see it in front of my nose :-)