coming soon sections

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Do you like coming soon sections or not?

Yes, I can immediately show off my new stuff!
10%
No, it ruins the update when my stuff really comes.
63%
I don't care. I'm out of spending cash anyway.
27%

Total votes: 49

star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I am a bit superstitious in that anything I "expect" to happen can always go the other way. I will never say I have something until it is right there in my hands. Besides, where's the fun in an update when everyone can already see what you "will have".?
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I used to have (or say I do have) one. But I really do not care..... I am pretty lazy to scan them (b/c the scanner is not mine and I have to use one at the department :emb ) so even though I got them, sometimes I do not scan them and I use older scanned pictures :P (I have a couple in my RS gallery :P)
But also I sometimes like looking at "coming soon" sections b/c if I am watching some cels and I really want to see who got these cels soon :) :)
Cats rule!
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Startyde wrote:Heh, you guys and your "anti-borrowed pics" policies...
:crackup I originally had "steal" but I thought I'd better change it to "borrow". I know people who asked permission to use the image after they bought the cel.

I never thought of using coming soon sections as a means of keeping track. I have an email draft that I use with the link. When it comes in, I simply get rid of that image and link. I like the idea of a coming soon section where you list what's coming with no pictures though.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I don't care either way. I have one, but its hidden.
I do it to keep track of the things I have coming. :wink:
DBZ Cel Maniac
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by DBZ Cel Maniac »

Last edited by DBZ Cel Maniac on Mon May 01, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbzredneck
Senpai - Elder

Post by dbzredneck »

I've got coming soon section, so obviously I like them. I'll continue to keep using it as well.
fetish4minx
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by fetish4minx »

I used to have one...mostly to keep track of what was coming in...but I agree with the members who mentioned that it screws up the NEW ITEMS in RS.

I took it down recently. I now put things directly into their section.

EXAMPLE:
http://fetish4minx.rubberslug.com/galle ... iesID=7298

In my ARMITAGE section I have a COMING SOON...a NEW...and then the older items.

That way it shows that my armitage section has been added to. (COMING SOON). When the cel arrives, I re-scan it and add comments (NEW). After a week or two I take the "new" off the title and place it in chronological order in my gallery.

Sounds confusing...but it's really VERY simple.

Please note I'm in the process of changing my site to this new system, so not everything is perfect! ....yet! :)

marie:)
fetish4minx
hyaku1
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by hyaku1 »

That's what I do too. If I absolutely can't help wanting to add a certain cel early I just list it under whatever section it belongs but I put the title as *coming soon* and then add all the information when it actually comes.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I don't use "coming soon" sections too. It takes out the surprise in what you get. I tried it once and I didn't like it.

But that's just me ^_^ I like to surprise people so that is why I don't use the "coming soon" section idea.
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

Hmm I really dont care about having a coming soon section. I dont have one. But I do have to use the pictures of the cels the people are using to sell. Only because my scanner is really bad and makes the cel way to bright,an I cant get it to look normal agian. So it takes out the greatness of the cel. Also I think having a coming soon section for me is just to annoying. Because you have to post the cels under the coming soon section and the once you get the cel move it to where it really belongs (I just lazy) X|

But Im not saying I dont like looking at stuff people have coming in, Then seeing the changes once they get their cels. I think thats pretty nice.
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

I don't mind other people having a Coming Soon section at all, but I myself don't care for it.
So, I voted for the second option.
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I guess I go with Baakay on this one. I like to know what I've got, and there have been times when I was disappointed in an item that I thought I'd bought and turned out to be something different from what I thought I'd ordered. (Yes, like others on this board, I've gotten photocopies when I thought I was buying original sketches.)

Then too, I've also been pleasantly surprised at lots that turned out to be much more interesting in person than as dealer's scans (such as my fold-out Emeraude sketch). So for lots of reasons, I keep my peace about what's coming until I know I have something worth displaying.
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

I rather wait, so I can show off with a nicely made scan :D
tsukushi
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by tsukushi »

I like looking at other people's "coming soon" pages, because it's more consolidated that way, and then I don't have to look for the new ones in each series' section (yes, I'm lay-zeeeee :p ). But like others, I don't have a public "coming soon" page of my own, because it doesn't fit my website's scheme (and because I'm lay-zee :p). :ZzZz:
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

I had one..for like 7 days :D
But it's hidden now, and just like Tex, I use it to keep track of whatever I have coming in :)

It did surprise me however how many people visited my "sneak preview" section when I had it up :)
Last edited by Wendy on Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.