Control yourselves

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Can you control yourself from buying cels?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 46

kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

most of the time i can. then on other times i cant. heh.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

kira wrote:most of the time i can. then on other times i cant. heh.

*applause*

I would say that just about sums things up! Well put! :D

:hello

You know...it's very, very sad what makes me burst into tears of laughter these days...
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

I am a frayed knot. :D
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

For me, it really depends on what I'm collecting at the time. I used to go nuts over DBZ and buy every early Vegeta I could find, but I haven't bought anything DBZ in over a year. Even my IY habits are slowing down, but I think that's mostly due to the rising prices than anything else. Right now it's Hikaru no Go and CCS... and of course if I see anything with Full Metal Panic I'm all over it. :D
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

Well for me it depend on what char im collecting at the time/ what series. I cant control myself when it comes to sailor moon. If I see a cel of Seiya kou up. Im going to bid! But when it comes to my other series like Ayashi No ceres. I havent collected a cel from there for along time. Ive seen some really nice ones..but they just dont interest me like Sailor moon cels do..LOL

So id say..I can control myself depending on the series..But if theres cels of the series I like to collect from...then No i cant.

*hopes that makes sence*
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
LinaLoN
Senpai - Elder

Post by LinaLoN »

I love X/1999! Kamui is my favorite character. I went cel shopping for him and immediately found the cel of him currently in my gallery. I have never wanted another because that's the perfect Kamui for me. Even Inuyasha cels I'm very picky about.
You sound EXACTLY like Nephreena about the Kamui and being picky about certain cels. Looks like she has some competition :D

For me, it depends on if there's a WISHLIST cel there and if I have money to spare. If I'm in desperate need of finances I HOPE very much that there aren't any wishlist cels out there otherwise I'd go deeper into debt. Which has been happening lately so I've been forced to take out a loan for my debts X|

But it's all good and worth it if it's for a cel that I love becuase I know it'll stay with me for a long time.
My cat Temperance I call her Tempe for short.

My cat Seeley is a Sailor Moon fan, too!

I didn't anticipate on having a black female cat and a white male cat or I would have named them Luna and Artemis... oh well.
Drax
Kamisama - God

Post by Drax »

Ok, I’m going to completely change my answer from my previous post. I am absolutely addicted to cel collecting. 8O Why you ask? Well, I just started my vacation and wanted to relax and accomplish absolutely nothing so I decided to watch anime that I own but never got around to seeing. All I have to say to you: Rurouni Kenshin. Damn, all I kept thinking was “That frame would be a great cel!” Not only that but I started recognizing voices from other anime series. Insert the only other show I seem to mention on Beta. Sorry but I can’t seem to get away from that particular show. <Deep Sigh> I think my only solution is to drop my internet service provider and eliminate all temptation. Unfortunately that will put an end to almost everything. :l
kenshikenji
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kenshikenji »

the current kenshin cel from the ova on yahoojp http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /h23607797, im barely restraining myself to re-bid above the current 63000 yen price. Im half glad im losing, half sad im losing.
Fever's Break
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Fever's Break »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust wrote:I am a frayed knot. :D
:crackup Ahhh, an oldie but a goodie.

:? I'd have to vote for a sometimes option as well. I have bought very little in the past 9 months and I would love to pat myself on the back for my self control in the face of reduced financial circumstances. But the truth is that I haven't really seen anything that has grabbed me lately. Now if something on my wishlist popped up, I have to wonder if I would care that my student loans only stretch so far. :wink: But then that's why I made one in the first place...so I would have a list of cels that I could justify buying. :P
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
~Oscar Wilde