Is it just me, or is this the strangest email ever!

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Is it rude to ask people to put up different scans of their cels for your own site?

Yes, it's just down-right rude!
63%
Maybe... at least they asked first.
38%

Total votes: 16

Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

AhhHahahaha lol :laugh

mighy mask thats good stuff :D
five dollar deposit ahh hahahahah :D
Requiem
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Requiem »

Well... I state on my website that if anyone wants a bigger scan, just email me. But then, they're all fancels. I do the same thing with all my sketches and stuff because hey, if someone wants to make a skin/desktop/shirt/etc with one of my pics I'm happilly flattered.

But then, that's usually for just one pic. And they certainly aren't expensive collectors items. My guess is the person probably isn't too into cels and might just be looking at them in the same way they'd be looking at any series image gallery. Just because they ASKED probably cuts down on a lot of the illegal possibilities.

So yeah... it's weird, but you probably don't need to be too worried :wink:
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

Well... if they just wanted higher quality scans to look at (which I often want), then I think it would be ok. But to post them on their site? The way they put it kinda makes me think you should just ignore it.

I sometimes want to ask for higher quality, larger scans... but I don't because I just don't care enough to ask. However, this person does not know you at all. I would just respond with a simple.... "no"
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I think most of these type of people have no idea what a cel really, how much it costs or how hard we work to find what we want. Because of that they do not know what they are asking. I try to presume everyone innocent until proven guilty, but it would take a lot of time to educate the whole world, so......... :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Elot
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Elot »

I would typically ignored this type of request especially from a stranger unless he specified a valid reason. Of course everyone would like a bigger scan for a purpose.

Buts its up to you, of course we dont to get negative impression by not sharing images but if its gets used for fancel and it wont help you

Cheers
Elot
Little Poop
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Little Poop »

MM.... lmao I was like 8O at first..

In answer to the topic, i take the original scan down & reduce the size of it & blur it up a bit too. :D

"Shut your fool mouth gogeta" DBC 17/05/02
According to surveys, DBC has the sweatiest balls in Betaland.<br>
<kamakazicoke93> do you get horny over any anime-beta members? O_O
Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

I wouldn't give that person a bigger scan. I will give them credit for asking first and not just stealing the pic and putting it on their site. I have no problem if it is one or two cels that I watermark of course but it sounds like he wants all your cels or a good portion of them. That is what I think is rude. :hitting:
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu