I am weak and need to know that I am not the only one.

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

I am weak and need to know that I am not the only one.

Post by glorff »

I actually bid in the Big auction (even though I swore that I would never get into that over inflated mess again) and I did it on a cel from a series that I swore that I would never buy a cell from again. :x

I assume that this is commonplace among the addicted, but I thought that I was not. I only buy "bargain" (oldtimers will remember this) cels. :hurt:

Maybe I won't win, I only doubled the current bid :l

Someone tell me I do not suffer alone :wink:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

You do not suffer alone. :friends:

I never thought I would ever bother to join the BWA, but this year proved me wrong. I just couldn't resist the pretty.

Good luck on your auction! :yay
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

well since i dont have a credit card, i cant really join in the bwa's. otherwise i would probably be bidding too if i saw something.

now i could have midori bid for me since she said this is a third party bid. but me i like to bid last minute. so i figure i'd get outbid quickly going that route. though i think it's great that midori would do that.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Good luck with your bids guys! :vict
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

lol. i feel your wallet's pain. i too said never a bwa. all cels fetch a premium (ie the same cel on yj would not be anywhere near the cost - sometimes the premium isn't too bad under 50 and sometimes the premium seems like 100s), at least in my mind all cels on mandy's bwa get a premium. but this year...too many cels i want. i caved. i bid.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

You are SO weak! And you are SO the only one, Davui!!

NONE of the rest of us EVER change our minds after we've bought that "one last cel" that completely completes our collection from a series. Nope. Never.

I can't believe that you caved. So weak. Hopeless, really.

*pfffft* Yah. Right. ;)

I hope you get what you're gunnin' for, Dave. :friends:
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Well, I'm not bidding on the BWA *yet, there is one thing that has caught my eye*, but I think I fit right in with my recently purhcases at AX. I had no intentions of ever buying another Fushigi Yuugi cel. In fact, I was trying to sell my only one. So what do I do, buy 2 instead!

You are hardly suffering alone.

If it's any consolation, during that last BWA, the first time I ever, I bid during the last few minutes on a IY hanken up to a outrageous price and still lost. Even though the price was higher than any piece of paper I have ever tried for, I think now I should have gone higher. Oh well, I'm sure I bought something else instead.

Yes, I'm truely obsessed.

Good luck on whatever it is your are bidding on....go for it!
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

When I bought the first cel of Kenshin, I told my hubby this is the only cel.... /swt and how long I kept this promise..... :P :P

You are not alone :)
Cats rule!
sailorsv13
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by sailorsv13 »

I've already had to place waaay too high a bid for the cel I am bidding on in the BWA...however I suppose I have never seen a cel from this sequence...and it's pretty cute...and awww I got totally suckered into it too! It stinks but when you are as addicted as we cel collectors...hey maybe I'll actually lose and someone will be willing to pay even more for this cel than I !

~ Bri ~
Sparta101
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sparta101 »

I only wanted 1 cel and that was a Guyver cel now look i have about 80 from the guyver. A few months ago i decided to save for a car and not buy any other cels, well that lasted about 2 weeks :(. my next lot of cels are my last till i get a car.

I hope :wink:
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

You are not alone. :friends: Soooo not alone. :P
That incredibly expensive Ichi^3 hanken was to be the last thing ever.
HA!
I've managed to squeak out quite a few cheapies since then. X|
Addiction is such an ugly word, but so appropriate here. <.<
I'm afraid to watch any more anime! 8O
I started Full Metal Alchemist, and look at my sig! GAH! Just what I need, another hottie to pine for. X|

Now I must go and watch more FMA. :wink:
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

So. Not. Alone.

Just check out my Zelgadis section or my Gokudo section. Geez. After 10 Zel cels I swore that was way more than any humban being needed to have. Riiiiight.

Hey for the first several months I was collecting I kept saying 'wow, this is an expensive hobby. I definitely won't buy more than a dozen or so."
Six HUNDRED cels later...

(Insanity. It's a sad and yet somehow strangely comforting place to live).

:ghug
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Nope, not alone.

I always thought that I would never join the BWA. This year I actually signed up and started to bid. I too, doubled my original bid in a matter of minutes before the item skyrocketed to practically triple. Thank God sanity found me and prevented me from bidding again.

I hope that you get what you're bidding on!!
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Someone else saved me from myself and snuck a bid in at a little before seven this morning and edged me out. I am not sure if I should be happy or sad.

Oh well, something really good will come along soon and I will have a couple hundred bucks I didn't spend today :?
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Wow I now fear this thing you call the BWA.
I have been collecting for less than a year (sept), and I've never heard of this BWA until now.