I've Been Wondering

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
Hisoka
Eiketsu - Mastermind

I've Been Wondering

Post by Hisoka »

I've noticed that Dragonball/Z cels seem to have more line fades then any other series I've seached for. Even scenes during late in Buu. While on the other hand I've seen many cels dating back to mid 80's of other series that look as good as new. Now obviously sun light and previous owners treatment meathods may add to the fades, but I just find it odd how many have serious fade issues. I'm very curious.
ljupco
Kamisama - God

Post by ljupco »

I thinks its because with very popular series there are many owners and gets pased down a lot so it can get more damaged.
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I believe it may have something to do with the kind of ink toei used to make the trace lines on the cels. I have heard from various people that whatever toei chose, it fades much easier and more quickly then cels done by other studios.

Also, remember...cels were considered junk by studios. They weren't generally handled well. In fact I've seen stories where people described seeing them piled up in corners before they were chucked into dumpsters. Seeing as how they were seen, it is amazing many of them are in as good of shape as they are.
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat