Do you show how much you have in numbers?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Do you show how much you have in numbers?

Post by sugarcels »

By that I mean, if you have, say, a Rubberslug Gallery, is the option to show just how many of a certain show you have on? Are you worried that someone will be less likely to click on a series if you only have 1 or 2 cels? Or do you want people to know very much that you have 16 from another series and don't care how the others look? No preference?

I hope I worded that right. I'm tired :ZzZz:

Myself? I don't show numbers, because I don't have much yet and it might look pathedic.
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

I know whatcha mean, personally I don't show the cel count, as on series with longer names it can sometimes push the series onto two lines instead of the one, which on my site, looks messy.

On the other hand I don't think it'd matter to me if someone only had one cel to look at, if I'm interested in the series, I will generally click it, but that's just me personally.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Do you show how much you have in numbers?

Post by Keropi »

sugarcels wrote:By that I mean, if you have, say, a Rubberslug Gallery, is the option to show just how many of a certain show you have on?
Yes, it's on. :bny **where's the lightbulb icon?**
Are you worried that someone will be less likely to click on a series if you only have 1 or 2 cels?
No, not at all. Actually I'm the opposite. I try to avoid hits and I'm worried when I get what I consider to be too many.
Or do you want people to know very much that you have 16 from another series and don't care how the others look? No preference?
It doesn't matter to me at all. I like having my numbers up several reasons. But the main reason is that the numbers remind me of how many images I need to post up and what priority I have in putting more of them up. It's kind of a recordkeeper thing.
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I used to show the quantity of cels in each section in my gallery but as Ronin said longer section names pushed some of my sections into two lines and made the gallery look messy. I decided to hide the number as well. Personally I would rather show how many cels I have in each section, but that's just my preference. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How did you decide? I would rather be driving a car.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I show it :) For some section I have only two cels (or sketches) but I just do not care :P :P
Cats rule!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

On my RS gallery I do not show it. I notice the numbers make the titles go too long or look weird. But with regards to whether or not I'm worried about too low or too high a count, I'm not worried. There are just some series that are easier to build than others.
My Cel & Sketch Gallery: http://hajimenokizu.com
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

I show the numbers. Because the quantity can vary drastically from one section to another, I think it's kinder to let visitors know at a glance what each one holds.
kittens wrote:For some section I have only two cels (or sketches) but I just do not care :P :P
Exactly. :^^:
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

I show the numbers to manage visitors' expectations. :^^:
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Pennies to all of you for your thoughts, guys :)

By the way, I'm noticing some people actually have HIDDEN sections (ex: **Coming Soon**, the ** indicating only THEY can see it). How are they doing that? I can't figure it out.
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

sugarcels wrote:Pennies to all of you for your thoughts, guys :)

By the way, I'm noticing some people actually have HIDDEN sections (ex: **Coming Soon**, the ** indicating only THEY can see it). How are they doing that? I can't figure it out.
Very easy... If the section doesn't have any cels or if all the cels in the sections are "hidden" a regular user will not see the section at all (regular meaning one without the password). I find this really annoying because it looks like a gallery has updated only to find that you can't see anything different (because the update is hidden..)
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I show the number of cels I have because I think it's interesting. Also helps me keep track of the number of cels I own overall and for specific series. Looks kinda cool to me. :D
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Arrow
Anime Geek

Post by Arrow »

Personally, I like to show the number of cels so visitors know which of my sections I am most passionate about. XP I have to admit I always find it kind of frustrating when people don't show the numbers, because it makes it very hard to judge which sections are likely to be the most worth looking at.
eddiefb3
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eddiefb3 »

I dont show numbers. because I just never got around to turning that feature on. But i'd be fine either way.
This world is not beautiful ~ therefore it is.

Kino no Tabi book 1
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And. And the disadvantage of that is?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)