Beta Cel Awards 2009

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Beta Cel Awards 2009

Post by animeobsessed »

I believe the "S" should be eliminated, but since this was a starting point cutiebunny didn't do that. She just stated this from from last year when plastic and paper were together. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
DragonShiryu
Anime Geek

Post by DragonShiryu »

So when exactly is this thing happening? And then how do you submit entries for each category?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm still waiting for volunteers for this project. I've had one member expess interest in it, but I haven't received a response back.

It would be nice to have several organizers for this event.

And, as AO pointed out, I just took last year's list and pasted it. I didn't edit out the "S" part, even though sketches won't be accepted this time around.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

im not quite sure what i could do but id love to help out, CB.
let me know what i can do for you.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I don't want to make it seem like I have the monopoly on this project. If someone wants to take over the project this time around, I don't mind. Angelic-Lair expressed interest in this project, so I don't know if they want to be the principle organizer or if they want to share it with others.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a list of helpers finalized by the end of this weekend. I realize that it's cutting it short on time but ideally, the awards should be wrapped up by the begining of 2010.
DragonShiryu
Anime Geek

Post by DragonShiryu »

How can I help out? I haven't been a part of it before so I am not sure how it all works.
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

My only question is if we help out can we still compete? I'd love to lend a helping hand but don't wanna miss out on my first year where I'd actually participate :/
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

wow, i am logging back into anime beta world at just the right time. 8O ;)

when are the awards this year?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

MidniteKitten wrote:My only question is if we help out can we still compete? I'd love to lend a helping hand but don't wanna miss out on my first year where I'd actually participate :/
Whether you compete or not has always been a decision left up to the organizers. For as long as I can remember, they've always competed as well as organized the event. When kymaera did the graphics back in '06 (I think that's the year, anyway), he chose not to compete, as he felt that it was a conflict of interest. I cannot recall any other organizers making the same decision, though. :)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Most people who help with the event choose to participate. The way that things are set up now, everyone logs into a website not only to submit their entries, but to vote as well.

The website is currently being hosted by zerospace, so, I would suggest that those interested in organizing the event would contact her to make arrangements. Of course, if the organizers would prefer to set up their own website or do things differently this time around, that would be up to them.

So far, I've received messages and/or seen posts from the following individuals interested in helping to organize this event -

Belldandy16
DragonShiryu
Starfighter
Angelic-Lair

This is a good amount. I think that all of you should pm each other and start making arrangements. Additionally, if you're planning on using Zero's site, you should contact her as well. It's important for you to decide who does what, such as who is going to design award graphics and how you're going to handle the submission process this year.

If you four need any help, let me know. Otherwise, I'll take a back seat for this awards cycle. I helped organize the last two awards and I would love to see the creative talents of other members.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

i know id appreciate any tips. :)
you all did a fabulous job last year and i hope we can do the same.
what is involved in getting started (sorry i dont know anything about the behind the scenes going on) ? X|
thanks! :)
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Oops, maybe we should have followed this thread more closely. ^_~
Guess that means we'll be running the awards this year 8) .
We welcome anybody interested in helping out. Starfighter has already contacted us ^__^. Belldandy16, DragonShiryu, if you can contact us as well, that would be great!
We'll answer questions once we get the chance to talk to our co-organizers.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Belldandy16 wrote:i know id appreciate any tips. :)
you all did a fabulous job last year and i hope we can do the same.
what is involved in getting started (sorry i dont know anything about the behind the scenes going on) ? X|
thanks! :)
The first thing that I would suggest doing is contacting each other. That way you could get on the same page as to what you would like to do.

The last two awards, we hosted everything on Zero's site, but previous awards have had entrants email submissions to a posted e-mail address and then those images were posted on another site for viewing. We then had to email in our votes.

Some awards have also awarded a first, second and third place medal for each catagory, while others have done just a winner and a runner up award. So, it's up to you as to how you want to do it.

That's why, consistently, the awards get better each year - the current group uses ideas that were created by a previous year's group and then builds on them.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

pm'd :)
Angelic-Lair wrote:Oops, maybe we should have followed this thread more closely. ^_~
Guess that means we'll be running the awards this year 8) .
We welcome anybody interested in helping out. Starfighter has already contacted us ^__^. Belldandy16, DragonShiryu, if you can contact us as well, that would be great!
We'll answer questions once we get the chance to talk to our co-organizers.
DragonShiryu
Anime Geek

Post by DragonShiryu »

Ok, I just pm'd.