DBGT English theme?

Topics of anime/other animation art and collectibles.

Do you like or hate the english DBGT theme?

YES i like that theme
33%
NO I HATE IT, STOP THE TORTURE!
67%

Total votes: 12

Son Goten
Kishin - Fierce God

DBGT English theme?

Post by Son Goten »

Well i got ahold of it, and if you wanna hear it then download it below, be warned FUNIMATION HAS TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP!!!!!

http://members.hostedscripts.com/tracker.cgi/bsgoten/1
Last edited by Son Goten on Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old Beta member from way back when. PM me if interested in buying any Goten cels!
Evil Hayato
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Evil Hayato »

That is outright terrible.... like a rap rock for friggin DRAGONBALL!!! jesus!!! and not just rap rock REALLY REALLY BAD RAP ROCK! BRING BACK DAN DAN KOKO NOKO LA LA LA LA that was so much more fucking catchy even tho i have no idea what it means... (unless i looked at my subtitles) but cmon now....

by the way goten... you did the poll wrong... you asked did we like or hate it.... you either say did we hate or like it not both... cuz then we could say yes to it and mean either one....
******IN LOVING MEMORY OF THE GREAT CANDYMAN, MAY THE CANDY BE WITH HIM ALWAYS******
Candyman
Anime Geek

Post by Candyman »

DAN DAN KOKO NOKO LA LA LA LA
That's the best thing I have heard you say ever!
:P :P
Elot
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Elot »

Someone choose [YES] for an answer, is that means you hate or you like?

Yeah DAN DAN is really a catchy song, i really love that music especially the very last episode of DBGT MTV (where they show all the characters first apperance and death of evil bosses) is the best DBZ clips ive ever seen.

So if they use that rap on the MTV, ill hope i wont hear from you guys

Cheers
Elot
rebomancels
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by rebomancels »

Hmmm... well, all I have to say is:

What in heck is this rap stuff?

One thing, though -- that sound bite was 2:30 [2:29 too long]. But anyway, the opening is only around 50-60 seconds. I wonder [without too much expectation] as to what part of that wonderful theme they are going to use.
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

Heh, yeah, that's pretty bad. Maybe they'll change their minds about using it. (i hope)
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Son Goten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Son Goten »

oo k i never relized the prob qith the question, ill fix that now, thanx
Old Beta member from way back when. PM me if interested in buying any Goten cels!
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

Aghh......that made my ear's bleed..... :roll: That's is horrible...really a dissapointment. I sure hope they don't use it.....DAN DAN is a far better song......maybe they could do a revised version of it.....that would be better :o
marinesniper
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by marinesniper »

OMG! Damn trash! We have to make our own version for everything and make it all cool and hip. Nothing wrong with the original version...they surly never changed the japanese songs to all the other anime on CN...must be different companies.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

The music is only a small part of what they change, I hate watching what is done to anime when they bring it to America. Almost everything I have in anime is in original japanese. The audio sense is completely different, more transient responce and actual moments of silence. 8)
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

8O - it tries too hard....
Gheez... I felt wrong just listening to it... The song itself wasn't soo bad...
But it- well- blech
why rap?
Why try rap?
Step into the the Grand Tour - Dragonball G- T.
hmmmm
...just one more
Mydragonsballs2002
Kishin - Fierce God
Location: In England awaiting Chris's Return to Cel Collecting

Post by Mydragonsballs2002 »

To tell the truth i'm not suprised it's crap because the entire series is. It should never have been made and i dont know why akira toriyama let them do this do our beloved Dragonball. The drawings crap the plots crap the characters have become crap and now wahhey its has a crappy tune.
"I am the hope of the universe, ally to good nightmare to you." Goku Frieza Saga
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Only the first season is pure CRAP, after that it is very enjoyable :D
Last edited by glorff on Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

I have heard the same - I am looking forward to the whole SSJ4 stuff!
...just one more
marinesniper
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by marinesniper »

the characters have become crap
OMG! Though shall not talk about Ulitmate Vegeta Bebi that way....or I will strike the down! :evil:

Anyways as I said many times....I think Goten, Trunks, Gohan are kind of goofy until they become evil. And i don't really like chibi Goku until he goes SSJ4. All I have seen is Bebi Saga...and its decent....hell alot better than Garlic Jr. Saga.

to each his own :wink:
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."